BLUE BALLS, BAT NIPS, and WONDER TITS -SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lulz, Totes
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      I'm not 100% sure on this, but after Superman's scream of anguish, they move to a side shot of Superman that shows the family in the background. They aren't given an explicit THEY'RE OK moment (which they should have received), but I believe that they made it through OK.
      Am I the only one who read that whole sequence as Supes hesitating too long, Zod smoking that family, neck break, and Supes crying because that family dead?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        he probably drinks PBR instead of wine.
        Rebelvahkas
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
          Am I the only one who read that whole sequence as Supes hesitating too long, Zod smoking that family, neck break, and Supes crying because that family dead?

I thought the same thing.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Which would cement his "I WILL DO ANYTHING TO SAVE THE HUMANS." stance.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
              It's kind of hard to have a Supes movie without those analogies, considering he's a man sent by his father to parents who are not his own to save the world with his superpowers that nobody else has. Just saying. Although saying he was 33 and the pose as he floated away from Jor El were a bit on the nose.
              That's why you need to tread carefully. That scene and the church scene when he was seeking guidence, in front of a stain glass window depicting Christ doing the same, we're a bit much. Snyder does a lot of good things in his movies. Subtlety is not one of them.
              Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
                That's why you need to tread carefully. That scene and the church scene when he was seeking guidence, in front of a stain glass window depicting Christ doing the same, we're a bit much. Snyder does a lot of good things in his movies. Subtlety is not one of them.
                That may be so, but let's be frank, the Christ analogies have always been part of the Supes mythos. I can see what you're saying but it didn't bother me that much. It bothered me much less than the perfectly flat battlefield that popped up in metropolis.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• We enjoyed it - great night at the movies last night. The theater we went to, same one as for Iron Man 3, is in the midst of a huge renovation. We got to see the film in one of the completed areas, in nice comfy Barcalounger chairs with a brand new screen and projecting equipment.

All criticisms are valid, but all-in-all, it was much more entertaining than I'd hoped. If this is the starting point of a new shared DC Universe of films, I'm onboard. Story was great, pacing was great - didn't drag at all, I felt, but moved at a good clip. Also, great seeing Superman being super and fighting a menace that was epic enough for him to fight. Shannon delivered as Zod and I can see this opening up new opportunities for his career as a result. Cavill was great as Superman, to the point where I'm eager to see him in a sequel ASAP, and he could replace Reeve as the perfect Superman in my eyes in time.

Only real quibbles I had were aesthetic - the texturing on the supersuit was unnecessary and muddied the colors too much (the blue filter/tone of the film didn't help matters either. Brighten that shit up, folks!). And I've had enough of fucking shaky-cam to last a lifetime. Used sparingly, sure, but damn near every fucking shot? I'm getting nauseous while Clark's talking to his dad - SHIT IS WRONG!

As for the Superman as Christ topic, yeah, it was so subtle Helen Keller would've picked up on it. Also, how much of Metropolis was annihilated anyway? Granted, Metropolis getting hammered is pretty much de rigeur for Superman comics, but to see Superman and Zod go from an area that looked like a war zone to a larger section that was damn near pristine was jarring.

As for the family at the end, they survived. The neck break happened just before they would've been vaporized. Because tension/drama.

Comment

• Seeing this tomorrow, so not sure how well this works, but saw an idea this morning on Collider that the sequel opens with Lex Luthor paying to rebuild everything Superman destroyed and playing the "I'm protecting you from an alien" card to all of humanity. Sounds like a pretty decent idea.

Comment

• Same as Tim, but I loved the suit.

Also, if Jamie liked Superman Return more than this, he's fucking trolling or is lobotomized. Holy crap, a GOOD Superman movie!!!!
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        Seeing this tomorrow, so not sure how well this works, but saw an idea this morning on Collider that the sequel opens with Lex Luthor paying to rebuild everything Superman destroyed and playing the "I'm protecting you from an alien" card to all of humanity. Sounds like a pretty decent idea.

Not gonna lie, that would be a decent setup.

Comment

• That would be a PERFECT setup for the next film, actually.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• then get him in his giant green robot suit and get back to punching things.

Comment

• Lex will start buying up all of the newly vacant land in Metropolis...as part of a real estate scheme!!!!!
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• MISS TESSMACHER PLAYED BY KATE UPTON

Comment

Working...
                                X