No announcement yet.

BLUE BALLS, BAT NIPS, and WONDER TITS -SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ab and I are fine. Played some volleyball Top Gun style and things are all good.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I am the Iceman.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• The latest Empire podcast is a spoilercast for MoS. The second half is Snyder and Goyer (separately) getting into some of the stuff being discussed here. Check it out.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Saw it and loved it. Easily my favorite film of the Summer and probably Snyder's best. I thought the Christ analogies were a wee heavy handed, but hey, if I want subtlety I'll watch a Michael Bay movie.
            Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
              Supes doesn't have a "No killing" code likes Bats. And Hell even with old Bruce, he offed people left and right in the old comics and Burton films.

Eh, kinda sorta.

He won't kill unless pushed to that point. However, it takes more for the character to get there than Zod's errant gaze at a Metropolis family.

It's not so much what happened, but just how fucking lazy they got in handling Metropolis.

Hell, the whole push to send Superman to the other side of the globe was lazy as shit.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Also this was in the Nolanverse. Not matter what they claim.
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                  Also this was in the Nolanverse. Not matter what they claim.

I was referring to Supes rather than Bats.

Batman is nothing more than Daredevil sans the personality. MARVEL ZOMBIE 4 LIFE!
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• More I think about it, the more I like it.

Again... it's pleasing to the senses. There's action, there's character, there's world building (...and yes destroying), there's lots of stuff left to explore and it ends at a point where if there isn't any more, that's fine too. I wanna see where they take this Superman in this environment.

That said, the criticisms are legit. If I was in film school and presented my teacher with a scene showing Pa Kent's tombstone before his death (let alone this is also the revelation of his fate before the tornado), he would flunk me. But here it's in a $200-$300M studio blockbuster. What the fuck? Not to mention, another Pa Kent flashback after his death. All for the purpose of... another speech? Question mark? We already saw Clark holds back from kicking jerk's asses in the bar scene as an adult and we already know Pete Ross becomes his quasi-friend and keeps his secret when we see him at the iHop. Pointless bit.
                    Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 06-19-2013, 06:16 PM.
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Wah MOVIE WASN'T PERFECT WAAHHHHH!
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
                        I thought the Christ analogies were a wee heavy handed,
                        Are you sure you saw MOS and not a rerun of Returns?
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• It's kind of hard to have a Supes movie without those analogies, considering he's a man sent by his father to parents who are not his own to save the world with his superpowers that nobody else has. Just saying. Although saying he was 33 and the pose as he floated away from Jor El were a bit on the nose.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• heh. for sure.

SUPES IS JESUS. BUT WITH AWESOME HEAT VISION.

Comment

• And not quite as much of a hippie

Comment

• he probably drinks PBR instead of wine.

Comment

Working...
                                X