BLUE BALLS, BAT NIPS, and WONDER TITS -SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This looks fun.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
      Gunn has been dropping hints they are further along in casting then we realize. Legit think we'll know who Superman is by Memorial Day at the latest - but my gut instinct is it will be very soon after Vol. III opens.
      Had to keep my mouth till it was dropped on the podcast. But keep an eye on Harris Dickinson from Triangle of Sadness and Where the Crawdads Sing.

WBD likes him a lot. Not sure how Gunn himself feels. Certainly fits the "lesser-known" type they went for with Cavill.

We'll see.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Unconfirmed but rumor is Gunn won't cross the picket lines. That would hypothetically leave Peter Safran to keep the wheels spinning in pre-production on Superman: Legacy until the inevitable resolution. Depending on how long this drags out.

Assuming that is true. I recall Abrams went through the same ordeal during Star Trek, and as the director (as well as a member of the WGA) he had to keep working.

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
        Had to keep my mouth till it was dropped on the podcast. But keep an eye on Harris Dickinson from Triangle of Sadness and Where the Crawdads Sing.

WBD likes him a lot. Not sure how Gunn himself feels. Certainly fits the "lesser-known" type they went for with Cavill.

We'll see.
        Another name I'd keep a close eye on is Connor Swindells. Another Brit, also unknown to the general public. Has a supporting role in Barbie - enough that he got a character poster. He also checks a lot of boxes in what they're looking for.

Just an FYI.

Connor-Swindells-Barbie-Poster.jpg

Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• He looks as disappointed as I am in the news
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Dumb but maybe fun? I hope so as I dig that kid. But it feels like DC does Iron Man but with better CG tech now.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Looks…. Ok? I also like the kid from Cobra Kai, but it looks like The Guyver 2.0: El Caliente Edition.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Finally saw The Flash and dug it. HEAVY USE and Wonky fucking CGI in a ton of scenes though and losing Billy Crudup as his dad and replacing him with Ron Livingston wasn't the best but Keaton ruled, Supergirl ruled, and all of the extra fun fan shit was extra fun.

Spoiler: mild spoilers? 
                18 year old Barry was the best. I just like 2 people interacting with each other from different universes even with some wonky CGI.

That being said, the TV show overall (cut out ALL FILLER from season 1-2) had the best version of what I wanted from the movie and it stinks knowing that no one from this flick is carrying over unless I'm mistaken?

Overall glad I technically have my Snyderverse completed, now on to Gunn's take.

Comment

• Gal Gadot is telling anyone who will listen how she's in the DCU and how Gunn/Safran are going to personally develop a new movie with her.

Either she's lying to save face - which actors do all the time and she's no exception - or just incredibly naive.

If it's the latter, Gunn/Safran are "yeah, yeah"-ing her. "Yeah, yeah, Gal! We'll totally keep you around! Yeah, yeah..."

What was the first thing that happened when Matt Reeves took over The Batman and Gunn took over Superman? They immediately tossed everything that had been done before and started from scratch, including casting their own actor in the lead.

No way whatever female director they bring onboard for the inevitable DCU Wonder Woman redo won't demand the same thing, and I'm amazed how fast so many have forgotten how we just went through this with Affleck and Cavill.
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Blue Beetle. I actually really fucking enjoyed this. 30 mins too long, but this movie should have been what WB started their shit with tbh. Marvel didn't have the ability to lean on characters like Bats,Supes, etc, and they picked Iron Man who no one gave a shit about prior. I know nothing about Blue Beetle besides the shit from the game and it seemed neat. This movie felt like a 90s superhero movie but in a good way. Shit, even George Lopez was decent in this (broad as fuck, but had some good lines), but I had to laugh at Susan Sarandon showing up. Like, Marvel had to at some point reach out to her multiple times through out the years and she said no each time, then finally decided to say yes and ended up in the lowest grossing flick. It's a shame but when it hits Max check it out. But I guess Gunn knows best with yet another Superman flick so whatever....

Comment

• When and/or if the opportunity presents itself, I'd be honored to write for Jeff again as Above the Line - as we know it - is no more. Sigh. It is what it is but all that fallout had nothing to do with me and thus was beyond my control. But we remain good pals.

Until that hypothetical time, I figured I'd throw my thoughts on Substack from time to time. It's all the rage with the kids, don't you know!

Here's my $.02 on what David Corenswet - our new Superman - should do to fight against typecasting woes & which iconic film star he should model his career choices after. When he isn't wearing the red cape and blue suit.

https://open.substack.com/pub/filmne...utm_medium=web
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• fallout over what? What did I miss?
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Long story short... he had been getting fucked around with by the Big Boss for quite some time (in terms of both not getting paid and overall morale), finally had enough and walked.

I don't blame him. What. So. Ever.
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Always liked these videos with Pete, and the new ones he's been releasing are great. This one make me laugh, hard.

Comment

• Nicholas Hoult as Lex Luthor? Ok. I still had no issues with Eisenberg's take but whatever, Gunn gets continued good will from me so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                Nicholas Hoult as Lex Luthor? Ok. I still had no issues with Eisenberg's take but whatever, Gunn gets continued good will from me so far.
                                We knew Hoult was getting something. He's quite beloved by WBD brass. Just didn't know if it was Luthor or, say, Hush in The Batman Part II.
                                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                                X