No announcement yet.

BLUE BALLS, BAT NIPS, and WONDER TITS -SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of this has to do with how the public views the gated premium experience.

There was a time when going to the cinema was an experience. Hell, the last time I had that was the Roadshow experience for Hateful Eight in Nashville.

As the need to turn over cash faster became a bigger demand, premium prices stayed while the experience went out the mall window. But, it's a vicious cycle now.

You need premium dollars to get shit made, but COVID, shitty parents dumping their kids at the theater and the few remaining chains have conspired to make something that's barely above watching a TV at a bus station into something that costs an unattainable premium.

Outside of the rare screenings (Universal) where I can't get an e-screener, I have yet to go back to a theater for fun in slightly over 2 years.

Just because you hold something I appreciate and adore hostage, that doesn't mean I'm going to slum for a shitty experience. Not when every industry wavered COVID and changing economics to keep up a similar standard if not higher.

There are far too many other options out there and many are becoming far more viable. OH, BUT YOU HAVE TO SEE IT ON THE BIG SCREEN! One day you will, but you're selling a sales pitch from 60 years ago to people that grew up having premium films hourly on cable and other means.

It just doesn't hold the same weight. To that point, if theaters can't keep up....fuck 'em. I'm beyond tired of stifling innovation for dinosaurs that can't see the writing on the wall.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Exactly. The only times in the last few years I had "fun" at a theater would be the Avengers Endgame/SW releases. And that was primarily because it was a day one experience with the true nerds.

Past that, fuck a theater, at least the ones by me. Hate Alamo and their bullshit with food ordering and eating. I want to watch a movie, not listen to you eat your fucking sandwich and guzzling beer. Again, I can do all of this at home.

The idea of "seeing it on the big screen" was something novel years ago. Seeing Jurassic Park on the big screen is a much different experience than watching it on a phone. I get that, but like Anderson said, they haven't done SHIT to make me want to go to the theater. I mean, I'm personally a mega fan of these dumb comic book movies and don't read spoilers and I am still able to mostly make it to digital without being spoiled. That used to be my big reason to see flicks in the theater on opening weekend. I didn't want to be spoiled. Now I have the ability to mostly get past those people who like to spoil. I'm not on twitter, and you guys are great with using spoiler tags. So that cuts that out for me. Now add in the drive time, parking, ticket prices, etc....and it's just not worth it. Especially since I'm not guaranteed to be in a theater without morons. Even that dumb premium pricing shit that AMC is trying it's like FUUUUCK YOUUUUU. Sorry Hollywood. You could EASILY still make loot by making shit more convenient and the theater experience is dead.

Also, gtfo if you're going to bring piracy into this. That shit will always exist and the fact they still make it out like 90% of people do it that's some bullshit Hollywood numbers. Anecdotally: I quit doing that shit when I started making more money AND when shit started streaming. Back before streaming I was huge into it. Books and books of burned dvds but once they made it more convenient I stopped and never looked back....BUT now the greed is coming through with the stupid amounts of streaming services and shit being splintered again....That's what causes piracy. LACK OF CONVENIENCE.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I still grab copies of shit that's on streaming because the streaming experience is awful and I don't know where shit does or does not exist. So I read something hit streaming, download, put on Plex and it's there when I want to get to it in one place.

Speaking of, anyone try this new Plex "all streaming apps in one place" update?

Comment

• The Batman. Dug it a bunch but it would have been better with Batfleck but Pattinson was pretty decent. Dug the fight scenes, the car was legit, gimme more Penguin, Gordon was a non entity, the best Alfred is still the one from Gotham, and I had no idea Anderson was the main villain. It felt like Batman Begins but more dark I guess? Zoe continues to be awesome in almost anything she's in. Loved Bats doing his detective shit. Glad I watched it at home. 3 hours is too long for a solo Batman.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• You're not the first person to say I look like Paul Dano. I don't see it though. Maybe in High School, but not now.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• I was dreading the run time, but it felt short as hell to me. The pacing worked great. Only pain in the ass is trying to find another 3 hours to watch it again soon.

Comment

•   Spoiler: thoughts on it from all phases 

Removing The Court of Owls during production kinda fucked everything up. Then, using the reshoots with the terrible 3rd act CG work to give the film an actual resolution in lieu of removing the Owls fucked it up even further.

So, with the Owls gone....everything is now.

Riddler had a 20 year plan and has been working unseen for ages.
                Falcone has been running the city for 20 years.
                The Ava Maria stuff has no anchor.
                Thomas Wayne running for mayor and saving Falcone's life is now in the air.
                Everyone is suddenly corrupted by charity money with no oversight and few people poaching off each other until the very end.
                Also, the Drop Heads entire sub plot has no need to exist now.

The MAX show is about Penguin, the Arkhams and the city escalating. Gunn wanted to partake, but he got called to other projects.

Then Batman 2 is again kicking around the Owls, Mr. Freeze, Hush and working in Joker.

Comment

• Couldn't care less. I'm in for more Penguin but that's it.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Gimme 3 hours of Penguin hamming it up. Farrel was amazing.

Comment

• If the film had streamlined the plot and focused almost entirely on the Penguin, I'd have loved it. As it is, the film has 50% more plot than it needs and is filled with characters who could have been jettisoned with ease to bring the runtime down (Gordon and Alfred mainly).
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Alfred felt like he was there totally out of obligation and an attempt at an emotional core. I liked Gordon a lot, but basically he was there to open the door to crime scenes for Batman which...when did he ever need permission?

Comment

• that 30 minute dialog scene where Bruce and Alfred talk in the hospital was excrutiating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                              Spoiler: thoughts on it from all phases 

Removing The Court of Owls during production kinda fucked everything up. Then, using the reshoots with the terrible 3rd act CG work to give the film an actual resolution in lieu of removing the Owls fucked it up even further.

So, with the Owls gone....everything is now.

Riddler had a 20 year plan and has been working unseen for ages.
                            Falcone has been running the city for 20 years.
                            The Ava Maria stuff has no anchor.
                            Thomas Wayne running for mayor and saving Falcone's life is now in the air.
                            Everyone is suddenly corrupted by charity money with no oversight and few people poaching off each other until the very end.
                            Also, the Drop Heads entire sub plot has no need to exist now.

The MAX show is about Penguin, the Arkhams and the city escalating. Gunn wanted to partake, but he got called to other projects.

Then Batman 2 is again kicking around the Owls, Mr. Freeze, Hush and working in Joker.

Shit, now my gripes make sense. So many things happened where we both were like "huh? Why?" And it sounds like it was all cut out instead. Didn't know the Owls were supposed to be in it but Holy shit that would have made so much more sense.

Comment

• I hope they don't go full Joker in the next one. Maybe have him break out or whatever at the end but I'd rather see a new take on Freeze or like you said the Owls.

Didn't realize that he
                                Spoiler: spoilers  
                              injected himself with venom.
                              I figured it was just a Pulp Fiction like thing OR that article i read was just inferring.

Would love to see more Riddler tho.

Comment

• They will have to recast. No way they are sticking with Baby Joker.
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X