No announcement yet.

BLUE BALLS, BAT NIPS, and WONDER TITS -SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah and I are taking a few days off the week after it releases. Can't wait to go to an 11am Thursday morning showing where it is totally fucking empty.

Comment

• I kinda don't care about this one. And I admittedly like Batman a lot and Reeves' Ape movies.*

*Franco sucks ass
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'm perfectly content with never going to the theaters again and can easily wait to watch all of this shit from the comfort of my couch. No big loss in my mind. I've gotten even better with avoiding spoilers until Martin doesn't use the goddamn spoiler tag lol.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Haha, oh Martin.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That's our Martin!
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              I don't know if theaters not selling out in a *ahem* fucking pandemic is an indicator in anything to be honest. But even if it is, who cares? the only people who should give a shit about stuff like that are stakeholders. Otherwise in my opinion, if a movie looks like something you want to see, go fucking see it. It's not rocket science.
              it is and it isn't.

However, what the signs are telling me is that WB was counting on this already having more of a push with its base crowd than it's having. Even the bought off early people are keeping their mouths shut, no accidental leaks, no slight buzz, nothing.

That is incredibly unusual for a film like this.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I don't know if theaters not selling out in a *ahem* fucking pandemic is an indicator in anything to be honest. But even if it is, who cares? the only people who should give a shit about stuff like that are stakeholders. Otherwise in my opinion, if a movie looks like something you want to see, go fucking see it. It's not rocket science.
                Can't blame the pandemic when stuff like Spider-Man: No Way Home, Shang Chi and even Free Guy have done so well.

People are being extra selective, yes (Hence Eternals bombing and No Time to Die underperforming stateside). But they're still going.

Look... I could be dead wrong. Certainly not the first time nor will it be the last. But it feels like WB hasn't done a strong enough job selling us why The Batman should be seen ASAP on the biggest screen possible.

It's shit we've seen and heard before. Only with a new hat.
                Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 02-16-2022, 11:43 AM.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• sure, I get that and I was going to mention those flicks, but I guess for me it's just caring about tracking this shit or press screenings or test screenings or the box office was something I never understood when being a fan of movies. It's like being a super sports fan in my mind. I like sports, but I don't so wrapped up in my team's inner workings. I just like the game, you know? Even when my team fails (which is pretty much all the time) I still just like the game.

It's the same with movies in my mind. I don't want to shit to actively fail and I'd hope that good things do well but history is all over the place in that regards. I get why you guys like this stuff as it's more in your worlds but I mean, the only reason this shit makes me care is when movies I loved "bombed' and we'll never get a sequel *cough Resident Evil*.

Comment

• I also don't follow film twitter or any of that shit at all so I don't even see it unless you guys post about it here. I just like moving pictures mannnnn

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

it is and it isn't.

However, what the signs are telling me is that WB was counting on this already having more of a push with its base crowd than it's having. Even the bought off early people are keeping their mouths shut, no accidental leaks, no slight buzz, nothing.

That is incredibly unusual for a film like this.
                      Maybe people are just burned out on DC flicks due to most people not enjoying them? I mean, I'm all for this nonsense so I'm an easy mark to begin with.

Comment

• BATMAN 14: THIS TIME IT'S PATTINSON

That's my issue. Where is this supposed to fit in with the others? We've had a Bale iteration, a Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney iteration, and an Affleck iteration. is this an origin for the Affleck iteration? Is this its own thing AGAIN? So many fucking Batmen...
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Maybe people are just burned out on DC flicks due to most people not enjoying them? I mean, I'm all for this nonsense so I'm an easy mark to begin with.
                          But, that's just it...even the easy marks aren't getting worked up. That's not normal.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            BATMAN 14: THIS TIME IT'S PATTINSON

That's my issue. Where is this supposed to fit in with the others? We've had a Bale iteration, a Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney iteration, and an Affleck iteration. is this an origin for the Affleck iteration? Is this its own thing AGAIN? So many fucking Batmen...
                            Yeah, this tracks. In my mind DC is now just filled with mostly un connected flicks/characters and the ones that do connect seem to be learning hard into it.

then again, once Flash hits, who knows how much more convoluted this is going to be.

Comment

I also don't follow film twitter or any of that shit at all so I don't even see it unless you guys post about it here. I just like moving pictures mannnnn
                              You simple ass bitch

(i mean this with all lack of sincerity intended)
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Had heard awhile back from the second test screening. There was a question mark (No pun intended) as to whether it would make it in the final cut. Confirmed.

Spoiler: Da Bat MUN SPOILEEEEEERS, YO! 
                                Barry Keoghan is the new Joker. It's the next to last scene. Riddler is his new cellmate.
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X