No announcement yet.

BLUE BALLS, BAT NIPS, and WONDER TITS -SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there actually a new Robbie Pattison Batman trailer or is this just youtube bullshit filling my homepage?

Comment

• Not yet. DC Fandome is supposed to have a new one.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Thought so. Saw news stories about trailer coming soon...and then ten NEW BATMAN TRAILER 2022 on Youtube. Those fan cut trailers suck. The youtube algorithm sucks. My friend who is very disconnected from shit until marketing hits mass market didn't even know about the new Batman coming so I showed him the trailer, and he thought it was fake in a good way like "they wouldn't make this." Still so hype for it.

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Give me this shit.

Comment

• RIGHT? I look forward to this being another movie where Paul Dano gets his fucking shit kicked in.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Since the trailer drops tomorrow and there was a screening this past week...
                  ​​​​​​
                    Spoiler: SPOILERS, BITCHES, YO! 
                  Remember how in The Dark Knight, it was about escalation? How the crazy would escalate with shit getting way worse before it got better?

That's very much The Batman. It's about the reactions to Batman coming on the scene. Without establishing him. Yes he's two years on the job. No origin. Whatsoever.

But unlike the Dark Knight Trilogy, Pattinson's Bats doesn't have a game plan like Bale's did. Goes out every night and takes out his anger on criminals. Nothing about inspiring the people of Gotham to rise up and fight back.

Hasn't thought this shit through and his arc (for lack of a better term because the performance was described as "good but intentionally one dimensional") is his figuring out he needs to help people instead of just bloodying up mobsters.

​​​​​​The Riddler (and his cult), Catwoman, the skull gang. They are all reactions to Bats.

The line about "I'm vengeance" is called back to several times, mockingly.

Originally posted by Ari
                  The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Fuckin SWEET.

That poster is cool.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I've got 11 confirms on the WB reshoots and the final cut including Jamie's leaks.

Spoiler: DC fuck around 

Instead of making Batman Chinatown, you made a Nolan half assed clone that appeals to no one.

Keep hittin' them home runs, WB.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• It did test very well.

But there's also a strong feeling this isn't commercial. This won't be selling toys and that's always been WB's priority with any Batman property - film or TV.

They famously sat Nolan down early on the development of Batman Begins and showed him all the figures, graphs, etc. showcasing how much dough they make off Bats merchandise. It was their not-so-subtle way of saying "We're backing you... But don't fuck this up!"

This pushes the PG-13 rating to the max with the Riddler's Jigsaw-style kills/traps nor does this end on a fist-pumping "Fuck YEAH!" note like Begins and The Dark Knight Rises.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                          It did test very well.

But there's also a strong feeling this isn't commercial. This won't be selling toys and that's always been WB's priority with any Batman property - film or TV.

They famously sat Nolan down early on the development of Batman Begins and showed him all the figures, graphs, etc. showcasing how much dough they make off Bats merchandise. It was their not-so-subtle way of saying "We're backing you... But don't fuck this up!"

This pushes the PG-13 rating to the max with the Riddler's Jigsaw-style kills/traps nor does this end on a fist-pumping "Fuck YEAH!" note like Begins and The Dark Knight Rises.
                          It tested very well to THAT audience. Take it to the public and it dies on Week 2.
                            Spoiler: Spoiler 

You took a near R rated Batman movie leaning heaving on the detective elements. Kept half in, then threw in Angry Young Bruce more and gave a typical ending. That's not great for business.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• I think it's telling as all Hell they've got Keaton returning to the role in the same year.
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                              I think it's telling as all Hell they've got Keaton returning to the role in the same year.
                              It's also how he bent them over the barrel for money to do it.

New DC wants to have Snyder fandom but with Marvel mass appeal. So, it's back to the past in a LOT of ways.

Comment

• Pumped for this.

Comment

Working...
                                X