No announcement yet.

BLUE BALLS, BAT NIPS, and WONDER TITS -SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're probably negotiating how many cash loaded semis and films to direct he'd want to keep playing Bats.

Comment

• OK, so we enjoyed Suicide Squad. Sarah more than me, but mostly because I felt like the first hour was just about perfect for what I was wanting. But the second hour is a fucking SLOG. Just no regard for pacing and a ton of the humor just vanished. I appreciate that they didn't pull punches, and let people get hurt and die. Totally opposite from Marvel where nothing matters because everyone walks away happy. I hope Pixies got a fat fucking check for their song.

Comment

• Re: Marvel, you sure about heroes not dying?

Spoiler: Usul! We have SPOILER sign! 
        Quicksilver got shot by Ultron in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Vision was destroyed in Avengers: Infinity War, and was still dead by the end of WandaVision.

Black Widow and Iron Man took dirt naps in Avengers: Endgame. Captain America retired because he got his happy ending and got old in that flick, too.

Yondu died and was cremated at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. His funeral had fireworks and Sylvester Stallone in it. I now want fireworks at my funeral decades from now.

And here's a list of other folks in the MCU folks who kicked the bucket, shuffled off this mortal coil, rung down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible.

And yes, I got something in my eye every time they did funerals and moments of remembrance and stuff. Manly tears. Granted, you, Bill, are Cimmerian and will not cry, so I cry for you.
        Last edited by Timothy225; 08-08-2021, 02:19 AM.

Comment

• Marvel Deaths - More people died in the opening 5 minutes of this than probably the entire Marvel movie canon. And they DIED died. Not like "oh he got hit hard and his eyes are closed now" dead.

Comment

• Was talking to my best friend about Suicide Squad this morning, actually. I haven't seen it yet, he did, and he's pretty much confirmed it earns it's R rating.

Uber violent deaths AND the Pixies? Sold. Gonna watch this on HBO Max next week while I'm on vacation. Thanks, Bill!

Comment

• Suicide Squad was fun but the second half for sure could have used a bit more of an edit imo. Also great to hear Michael Keaton is appreciated because I've always thought he was amazing.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The Suicide Squad was fucking dope. Had no issues with the pacing whatsoever. Watched it twice this weekend and dug it both times.

The stuff with Polka Dot Man was fantastic Gunn-fun. Gimme more Weasel.

Spoiler: spoilers 
                RIP Capt. Boomerrang. That one hurt the most. I love Jai dammit.

Harley was actually used correctly for once (Birds of Prey doesn't count because it's a shit movie), Joel Kinnemann proves he can have a screen presence if they let him, Rooker needs to look into actually getting a sweet blond wig for all of the time, Starro was a legit scary Kaiju creature who managed to be silly and terrifying at the same time, and Cena was perfect.

My only gripe (and it's a small one) is that I didn't like what they did with King Shark. Stallone was nice stunt casting but it should have been Funches.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Enjoyed it as well. Peacemaker is probably the best part for me. Straight up Cena if he were a superhero. Just a ridiculous human being on and off the screen. Perfectly done. Starro was great. Kinneman wasn’t forced to deliver a moron’s idea of dialogue (THIS HERE IS KUHTANAH. SHE’S GOT MUH BACK.) or get roped into a relationship with a gyrating magical dipshit. He actually seemed to have a bit more dimension this time around and his death was given some honest to capeshit god weight. Weird how that works, but it seems to be an elusive thing nowadays to figure out what makes even paper thin characters get those little moments of character building in between spectacle and exposition. And in an ensemble? This was a pretty good balance to strike between characters and give each a bit to work with without making them completely subordinate to a central figure (I am no fan of the character of Harley but Gunn made her about as tolerable as I’ve seen her written in a while). King Shark is lovely and I hope Stallone lives for another hundred years.

The gore was cartoonish in the right way, but the most horrifying thing throughout was all the slow motion featuring Idris walking. Holy fuck his bow legs made my knees hurt.

Only thing that really kept sticking out to me was Steve Agee. The kaiju line was dreadful and did little to change my mind that he was miscast (in fact the schlub tech man needs to fuck off unless they find a way to refatten Newman).
                  Last edited by Captain Russ; 08-09-2021, 02:03 PM.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Agee was fine if only because it felt like Gunn tossing him a bone for mo-capping King Shark otherwise I agree.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Jen and I caught The Suicide Squad over the weekend with the in-laws - entertaining, quite a bit of fun, action sequences were great and it's a quantum leap from the first film. IF WB/DC would just realize that big colorful flicks like this, Aquaman, and so on work so much better than having everything grimdark like Batman, I'd happily plunk down cash for their films like I do for Marvel.

Peacemaker was the asshole everyone loves to hate, and Cena was magic in that role (my sister-in-law HATES tidy whities). True, the film is yet another Harley Quinn vehicle, but as I dig on Robbie in everything she's in, it gets a pass. I did like seeing other characters getting their moments to shine and decent storyarcs (loved King Shark, but gimme more of Ratcatcher 2. That was a LOT of CGI rats she called up).

Also, I geeked out over Starro hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                        Jen and I caught The Suicide Squad over the weekend with the in-laws - entertaining, quite a bit of fun, action sequences were great and it's a quantum leap from the first film. IF WB/DC would just realize that big colorful flicks like this, Aquaman, and so on work so much better than having everything grimdark like Batman, I'd happily plunk down cash for their films like I do for Marvel.

Peacemaker was the asshole everyone loves to hate, and Cena was magic in that role (my sister-in-law HATES tidy whities). True, the film is yet another Harley Quinn vehicle, but as I dig on Robbie in everything she's in, it gets a pass. I did like seeing other characters getting their moments to shine and decent storyarcs (loved King Shark, but gimme more of Ratcatcher 2. That was a LOT of CGI rats she called up).

Also, I geeked out over Starro hard.
                        Fun fact, Gunn killed ratcatcher 2 in the original ending but said it felt just to mean and he made changes because of it. I'd say he made the right call.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Ratcatcher The Second was a surprise to me. With all of the other characters that were in this flick, she was the one I became most concerned about. especially after the opening where, and credit to our beloved Billy for pointing this out, it was shown that anybody could die in this flick.

Kind of sort of liked (I Am) Weasel, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post

Fun fact, Gunn killed ratcatcher 2 in the original ending but said it felt just to mean and he made changes because of it. I'd say he made the right call.
                            Another Fun Fact:

Spoiler: All they did was 

Swap Ratcatcher 2 for Polka Dot Man.

Same means of death.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

Another Fun Fact:

Spoiler: All they did was 

Swap Ratcatcher 2 for Polka Dot Man.

Same means of death.
                              Pretty much what I figured from what I had read.

Comment

• Loved Sebastian.
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X