No announcement yet.

BLUE BALLS, BAT NIPS, and WONDER TITS -SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can see that and if it was any other flick I'd be bemoaning it BUT since (in theory) this is his last hurrah in the world he created?

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• /posted from today's VotD.

For a fan film, this is pretty decent. For a fan film, Michael Madsen's acting is TERRIBLE.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Man that flew the fuck by
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's crazy how much better JL flows and works on almost every level when you allow someone's vision to just be completed. I understand why some people weren't fans of the Snyderverse to begin with but as someone who was a fan, this cut makes me sad we won't get any further films in this particular corner of the DCEU.

That being said, I'm just glad these three flicks actually feel like they belong together now aesthetically. Also the fact that the film lets each character breathe a bit and develop is nice. Shit they even explain where the mother box that made Cyborg came from. Little things like that make this worth a watch. I know WB jumped the gun on that particular part of their universe, but the theatrical JL REALLY fucked it up even more but this movie made it work so much better.

Spoiler: thoughts in spoiler form 
          Thoughts in bullet point form:
          • The new opening was cool
          • Cyborg is legit a character now. He's also kind of a badass in this. It's a crime what the theatrical did to his character.
          • Barry's first scene is great and I love The Flash so any extra stuff with him in this I loved
          • Steppenwolf actually feels like a force to be reckoned with instead of a PS3 CGI cutscene. He's fucking brutal in this. His fight with the Amazonians was way better in this than the theatrical. Snyder knows action man.
          • Aquaman isn't a fucking embarrassment. He was so much less dude bro in this and that was a nice thing. I also enjoyed his scenes with the team overall more in this version.
          • The scenes of them digging up Superman's body and sneaking it out of the base was a nice addition and added more team bonding to the movie.
          • The subsequent fight scene between Supes and the JL was much better in this one.
          • Giving Lois some actual screen time and a point was welcomed
          • no fakestache Cavil anywhere in sight
          • the humor is no longer forced and feeling out of place.
          • Darksied is a badass. The anti-life shit was dope.
          • More Jeremy Irons. Yay.
          • More Batfleck. Yay.
          • Blacksuit Superman scene with Crowe/Costner voice over was really nice.
          • The Parademon fight scenes in this were so much more dynamic over all. Shit got brutal in some shots.
          • Batfleck tearing demons apart in the Batmobile was dope.
          • The battle with Steppenwolf was way more badass. Dude was a beast.
          • SUPERMAN showing up when he did was FUCK YEAH territory. Much more so than in the theatrical
          • "Gotta break the rule Barry and you gotta break it now." FUCK YEAH MAN.
          • Cyborg breaking the unity was so much fucking cooler than just him and Superman just pulling it apart in the theatrical
          • Holy shit to how Steppenwolf is defeated in this one. Jesus christ.
          • BATTANK
          • Longer scene with Lex and Deathstroke was cool. BUMMED WE ARE NOT GETTING THAT BATFLECK MOVIE DAMMIT.
          • The epilogue with the Knightmare sequence was sweet but also a huge bummer that we're never going to get JL2/3 with his original ideas.
          • Leto without the stupid costumes/tattoos is kind of a neat Joker. I WANT THAT BATTFLECK MOVIE DAMMIT.
          • BATTFLECK SAYS FUCK hahahhahaahhh That shit would have fucking KILLED in a theater.
          • Martian Manhunter was neat.
          Also, Junkie XL's score just works so much better in this world than Elfman's score from the theatrical.

Yeah it's long but I wasn't bored once which for me is fucking strange. But it's also totally structured in a way where you can easily break it up into smaller viewings. If you have a chance to watch it, you totally should.

I kind of loved it.

Comment

• I was not prepared to feel feelings.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's legit good. This would have killed in a theater.

Comment

• Steppenwolf fucking HATES horses
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Hahahah. Fucking said the same thing. Dude grabs like three of them in a fit of rage.

Also, sorry Patty Jenkins, Snyder still is the only one to make Wonder Woman badass.

Comment

• I like how he portrayed the Amazons. Diana doesn't share the same personality as a braindead child so what's not to like beyond Gal's terrible line delivery?
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Got an hour into it last night. Pretty good. That Wonder Woman fight was pretty great...that was new, yeah? I don't remember that from the Joss cut.

While it's good, I kinda feel like there hasn't been much plot progression for the first hour. You have Batman and WW off recruiting and Steppenwolf getting a mother box from the Amazons, but that's it. You didn't need an hour for that.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Matt, this is about as decompressed a capeshit movie there is likely to be. But a bonus on that end is some characters get more fleshed out in between the fights (and in the case of stapleman, during).
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          Got an hour into it last night. Pretty good. That Wonder Woman fight was pretty great...that was new, yeah? I don't remember that from the Joss cut.

While it's good, I kinda feel like there hasn't been much plot progression for the first hour. You have Batman and WW off recruiting and Steppenwolf getting a mother box from the Amazons, but that's it. You didn't need an hour for that.
                          Matt, one does not simply tell Snyder what to do with his hours. :-)
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I do not think JL:SC was good but it was WAY better than I expected it to be. Despite the Gears of War 2 filter on it, it's not quite as grim dark and without humor as you'd expect. And there's a loooooooooooot of unintended comedy too. Gal Gadot is so bad, but that opening court fight scene was better than everything in WW84 combined. The "have you seen this man" suspect sketch of a fucking blobby Batman/bug dude had me cracking the fuck up. Cyborg was kind of goofy, but he actually had a decent story and was kind of the main character? We were fucking convinced that the Joker didn't actually exist in the movie at all and was only in the trailer to fucking Joker-fy everyone. I actually LOVED the epilogue and was like yooo gimme this wild shit, but of course are never getting it. Leto and Affleck going back and forth was pretty fucking great. That was a sequence I legitimately enjoyed and that was really good. "And I will fucking kill you" was great, because of COURSE Batfleck is on the edge, believes humanity is bad and incapable of saving themselves, and will use Joker to protect humanity from itself then fucking kill him because he's a loser with nothing left and Joker will break him. He went in immediately on his parents and Robin, like YES. Broken Batman has never been better communicated on film than in those 10 minutes.

Ezra Miller should be a mega comedy star. What is that dude doing wrong that he's not? Would have liked another 5 minutes of Superman just fucking Steppenwolf up. Loved that he shit the bed and senpai just crushed his fucking head like "you worthless fuck." Alcoholic Aquaman? Uhh ok. Why you taking off your shirt but swimming in jeans dude? Stop littering the beaches bro.

Cubes - Amazon tomb with dozens of protectors. Undersea tomb with guards. Men "how about we bury it 4 feet deep in Germany? Cool, let's get mead."

Comment

• I watched this twice this weekend. It worked even better the second go around.

Comment

• it's overall a better and more tonally consistent film, but:
                                - the F bomb should not be used in a Superman film. He's a family friendly character (or he should be, anyways).
                                - I prefer the Joss cut in terms of having Superman being a fun and warm character at the end of the film. Having him stay grimdark is just...no.
                                - the Joker scene in the epilogue is horrible. Just horrible in every way.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X