BLUE BALLS, BAT NIPS, and WONDER TITS -SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
    This is true. When I was going (late '89, followed by summer courses in '90, then the market when tits up), you'd see Adam and Andy here and there, as well as Lee Weeks, etc. I think it was Adam's wife who ran the admin stuff, and she was gorgeous and a real sweetie. Joe taught the third year students (school was only three years at the time). I got to meet Joe when I interviewed in his office/studio.

It's still only three years, but they're picking up a lot of former Marvel editors who just got laid off. They're trying to teach the students more of the business side of selling themselves.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Good. That's always been something that needs to be addressed, especially if these guys are going to try and get jobs in the field, not just comics, but commercial art in general.

Lord knows I could've used that back in college. We had one guy teaching us Commercial Art, but very, very little about the business end of the biz.

Comment

• Speaking of how long do we give Morrison on Action Comics till he vacates?
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• He'll likely be gone before the year's out. Probably by the summer. I'd read on The Beat that DC's possible going to start cancelling underperforming titles soon, too.

Comment

• Bye All-Star Western.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
              Speaking of how long do we give Morrison on Action Comics till he vacates?

It depends on a number of things.

1) Marvel apologizing.
              2) WE3 going into development sooner than expected.
              3) Morrison getting poached for American Gods (current rumor)
              4) Disagreeing with management more over Superman's new direction.
              5) He's not going anywhere unless he wants to go somewhere. The books that are getting dropped are the ones they shouldn't have launched in the first place.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• 1 will never happen.

I pick door number 5.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• *Slowly raises hand in the classroom*

What did Marvel do?
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Probably something X-Men related. With Marvel, it's ALWAYS X-Men related.

Comment

• They undid everything he wrote into his X-Men run. Erased it all. Joe Q said "FAH Q" to Q Ball.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                        *Slowly raises hand in the classroom*

What did Marvel do?

Morrison was ending his book pretty easily with no major bumps for Marvel. But, in his second-to-last story arc, he decided to turn Magneto into a drug addicted madman. Then, he spent the last couple of issues showing why everything Magneto's done has turned him into a Nazi thug.

Marvel didn't want this to happen, as Ian McKellan sells action figures. Drugged up madman scares off parents and kids. Morrison fought Marvel and one for the moment. He was allowed to finish his run. Then, Marvel spent the next 18 months trying to destroy everything Morrison accomplished. It was pretty aggressive how hard they went after him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                          They undid everything he wrote into his X-Men run. Erased it all. Joe Q said "FAH Q" to Q Ball.

Not quite. They just got rid of what they didn't like and then blatantly stole what worked for them.

Comment

• It still hurts anyway.

Buncha cherry-pickin', Chuck Austen-hirin' bastards.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Well we got an awesome Superman run outta Morrison. So a win for us.
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• What's this "us" thing?

Magneto should be as dead as Jean.

**raises the eighty trillionth "angar nerd on a webzone who open they mouth with a motherfuckin' opinion"* flag**

*thanks 2Pac
                                Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-09-2012, 03:18 PM.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X