Comment

• That looks absolutely awful.

Doomsday as a spacezuul is hilarious.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
            "Fuck Betty?"

FUCK YOU!
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• This is what Betty will do to you for your insubordination...

Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• What is this obsession with putting Superman, a guy who is supposed to be nigh invulnerable, in armor? HE'S SUPERMAN, YOU SCHMUCKS! HE CAN HATE FUCK A SUN!!!!

Save the armor for Iron Man. That's his schtick!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                    What is this obsession with putting Superman, a guy who is supposed to be nigh invulnerable, in armor? HE'S SUPERMAN, YOU SCHMUCKS! HE CAN HATE FUCK A SUN!!!!

Save the armor for Iron Man. That's his schtick!

How so many people barely get a fairly simple character is astounding. The armor shit is just another symptom of aesthetic over character.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Costumers gonna costume
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                        Costumers gonna costume

Edith Head all up in this bitch.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• I don't mind the new 52 design though.
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                            How so many people barely get a fairly simple character is astounding. The armor shit is just another symptom of aesthetic over character.
                            THIS. Oh, sure, they gotta move them toys and action figures and shit, but c'mon already. This goes for most of the superhero flicks, too, when it comes to character design - 99% of the work's already been done for you, and it's not impossible to make a realistic Superman or Batman costume look good. If a cosplayer can do it without access to WB money, why the hell can't they?

This also carries to the redesigns DC did for their relaunch - something that was drilled into my head when I briefly attended the Kubert School was to keep character designs SIMPLE, mainly because artists would have to draw your character over and over again, and to add in a bunch of superfluous stuff that didn't really need to be there would waste time and cause artists to rush to meet a deadline. The new stuff I see now has me wondering how the hell these artists can possibly nail the deadlines when they have to add every seam, rivet, vent, etc. to the new costumes. The old ones worked just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                              THIS. Oh, sure, they gotta move them toys and action figures and shit, but c'mon already. This goes for most of the superhero flicks, too, when it comes to character design - 99% of the work's already been done for you, and it's not impossible to make a realistic Superman or Batman costume look good. If a cosplayer can do it without access to WB money, why the hell can't they?

This also carries to the redesigns DC did for their relaunch - something that was drilled into my head when I briefly attended the Kubert School was to keep character designs SIMPLE, mainly because artists would have to draw your character over and over again, and to add in a bunch of superfluous stuff that didn't really need to be there would waste time and cause artists to rush to meet a deadline. The new stuff I see now has me wondering how the hell these artists can possibly nail the deadlines when they have to add every seam, rivet, vent, etc. to the new costumes. The old ones worked just fine.

What's funny is that most of the Kuberts now work at Marvel. I think Adam's daughter is now an editor or something.

Comment

• This is true. When I was going (late '89, followed by summer courses in '90, then the market when tits up), you'd see Adam and Andy here and there, as well as Lee Weeks, etc. I think it was Adam's wife who ran the admin stuff, and she was gorgeous and a real sweetie. Joe taught the third year students (school was only three years at the time). I got to meet Joe when I interviewed in his office/studio.

Comment

Working...
                                X