X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2010 Oscar Thread

So, the nominations came out today. Here's the big list:

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01...-oscar/?hpt=C1

What made me happiest? Seeing John Hawkes up there for 'Winter's Bone'.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

I'm sure Toy Story 3 is great and all but I was surprised to see it make the best picture lineup.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

With so many movies up for it now, I'm not. It really was great. Hope Hawkes wins.

Comment

I'm sure it is great but I just didn't hear the kind of hype around it that say something like Up had when it came out. I heard some loved it, some thought it just OK but nobody was screaming BEST PICTURE!! Not complaining though, just surprised.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Well, Toy Story 3 didn't have the soul crushing opening 15 minutes that UP did. I think that's the big difference.

Comment

Truth.

Comment

Is it ok if I feel completely underwhelmed by the nominees this year?

Not that I really give a toss about the Oskarzâ„¢ anyway...

Comment

Yeah you're good Vin. I'm only kind of half surprised Affleck didn't get a "good jerb kid" nomination because everyone was salivating over his direction. But then again I'm not as the oscurrrs are always all over the place with noms.

Comment

Its a room full of rich fucks we will most likely never meet or interact with. Hit the fuckin' road and piss up a rope.
                  Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

'The Town' should have made the BIG TEN, but it's kinda a moot point...it's either gonna be 'the Social Network' or 'The King's Speech'.

I haven't seen 'The Fighter' yet, so I can't honestly say anything good or bad about Bale's performance in it, but John Hawkes has got my endorsement 100%.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

How does Nolan not get on the best director OR editing lists for Inception?

Dude had 3 action sequences running simultaneously along different time frames and still kept it comprehensible for the average movie-goer.

BAH
                      sigpic
                      360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

William Friedkin said it best. The Academy Awards are a brilliant marketing ploy but it's impossible to say that this is the "best anything" because film is such a subjective medium.

This is why I never could rank stuff from 1-10.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Shake View Post
                          How does Nolan not get on the best director OR editing lists for Inception?

Dude had 3 action sequences running simultaneously along different time frames and still kept it comprehensible for the average movie-goer.

BAH
                          An excellent point that I totally agree with.

Comment

Alls I can say is that it would be sweet if Melissa Leo got it. She's always been great and you motor city motherfuckers need to see her in Homicide: Life on the Street.
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Banksy's an Oscar nominee, there's something pleasantly odd about that.

King's Speech also has the most Oscar noms for a film since ROTK.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                              X