The Muppets (2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's better than Land though.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

@ Jamie: that wasn't very nice, you know. That wasn't very nice at all!

*turns off light on Jamie*

Why don't you just sit there in the dark... and think about what you've done.

Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
      I feel like I'm taking crazy pills but it's cool.
      Indeed. I love just being able to even talk about this kind of stuff with people who actually known their Dawn from their Day. That is to say, people who actually know and like those films, not just know of them and say they like them for hipster + points. I take that a bit for granted here 'cos you crowd spoil me with your good taste, but when you really think about it, that's pretty cool.

*high 5 team*

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
      When I first saw Day of the Dead, I too hated it. I've come to accept it...

...but it ain't no Dawn of the Dead.
      I Love You, Man, I am Legend, that horrible first Matrix sequel... these films we "accept." Day of the Dead we celebrate... champion... canonize!

I've got my eye on you, Mister!

*shifty*

I don't hate Day it's just NO WHERE CLOSE to the brilliance of Dawn.
      Dawn lags towards the end, when it descends a little too much into self indulgence (around the biker pie fight, etc.) I still like that stuff, but tonally it doesn't quite come off the way I think Romero thought it did. Plus, some of it looks simply balls now, even on Blu. For example, David Emge's zombie makeup at the end could easily fit into Day it's so well done. The only problem is, the vast majority of the other zombies would have trouble winning a primary school fancy dress competition. Yes, that's part of the charm to a certain extent, but compared to Day... well, there is no comparison, really.

It's better than Land though.
      I revisit Land way more than Dawn. The latter requires a certain mood; the former is evergreen. In fact, I actually would go back to Savini's Night more often than Dawn. Not saying I think it's a "better" film, but it's a lot more re-watchable and requires a less forgiving mindset.
      Last edited by Bobby Bear; 05-23-2011, 06:05 PM.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
        @ Jamie: that wasn't very nice, you know. That wasn't very nice at all!

*turns off light on Jamie*

Why don't you just sit there in the dark... and think about what you've done.
        That. Is. IT! Say hello to my fist in your as--*Lights turns off* HOLY SHIT! WHAT'S GOING HERE?!?
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Day of the Dead suffers from some of the worst acting in any Romero film.
          Bazooka Joe* and the ludicrous, obviously white black-face guy at the start of Dawn on the rooftop negate any acting misgivings with Day (and most of those are stylistic as opposed to just sloppy.)

* I know it's not a bazooka or his real name, but I think we all know who I mean.
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Savini's Night is great. It's up there with Dawn.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
              Bazooka Joe* and the ludicrous, obviously white black-face guy at the start of Dawn on the rooftop negate any acting misgivings with Day (and most of those are stylistic as opposed to just sloppy.)

* I know it's not a bazooka or his real name, but I think we all know who I mean.
              Blackface?

He was Puerto Rican, man.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Haha. Also they did suck but they weren't main characters.

Comment

Zombie discussion in a Muppet thread. *smh*
                  We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                  - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Just like the old.days.

Comment

Love the Muppet trailer. Can't wait for this. Jamie goes to movies with soulless assholes.

Comment

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                        Blackface?

He was Puerto Rican, man.
                        You could be joking, or I could just have got the wrong end of the stick because of the lighting on the rooftop scene/poor film quality, but there's definitely a guy in that gang who looks like he's been Olivier'd. I've seen Puerto Ricans before and if that guy seriously is one, it looks like they felt he didn't look "right" for some reason and put makeup on him anyway.

Comment

Haha. Also they did suck but they weren't main characters.
                          There's plenty of starring suck in Dawn, too.

Comment

I mean he was brown-faced.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

I know what you meant, mate, but I'm not remotely convinced he was actually black. Just to be absolutely clear, I'm talking about one specific guy who's on screen for a matter of seconds.

Comment

The dude with the red bandana that oddly resembled Ming the Merciless with hair (who was in brownface)?

His last name was Martinez.

EDIT: Is this your card?

Now if you're talking about part of the crowd in the tenement building? Then I'm gonna have to go do some research.
                                Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-24-2011, 08:04 AM.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X