Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V View Post
    Wrong.

Day Of The Dead was great because of Joe Fucking Pilato!
    haha. Yeah ok man.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

LOVE Michael Caine. The man has so many fantastic movies (and a few utter shite ones). Now for my annual push for 'A Shock to the System', one of his best and most overlooked films.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

AIR TIGHT PIGGY: SWEET AND SOUR PORK VOL 9!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
          LOVE Michael Caine. The man has so many fantastic movies (and a few utter shite ones). Now for my annual push for 'A Shock to the System', one of his best and most overlooked films.
          WIN!

I kept the disc from Netflix and paid the $20. I did not have the heart to return it.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
            Day of the Dead is great in the idea of what Romero wanted it to be but fails in what we actually got. However Savini was on the top of his game in that one.
            But the only real difference between the classic we got and what Romero wanted initially were some scenes in an above ground "encampment" with rounded-up zombies. A chase scene/shootout or two. Explosions. Like Jurassic Park with people being pulled apart like chewing gum. Admittedly it would've been cool, but losing that stuff actually improves the film; there's no way Day would've been that atmospheric with all that running around outside, above ground. It's supposed to be a dark, grimy underworld so the light at the start and end is that much more refreshing. Those action scenes would've been at odds with the atmosphere of the rest of the movie. It's nothing we didn't get in Land, anyway... and if losing that stuff for Day meant we got to see Leguizombie and Asia Argento in a cage, it's only a good thing.

Why Day of the Dead is the perfect zombie film:

• It's claustrophobic - more so than Dawn, even.
            • As you already pointed out, it still sets the benchmark for gore; the splatter classic.
            • Howard Sherman out-acts the entire main cast of Dawn, mute, as Bub (the coolest zombie ever.)
            • Richard Liberty.
            • Joe "I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!!" Pilato.
            • The best ethnic stereotypes of the Dead series (stern competition!)
            • A script more airtight than Blanche... not to mention dripping with dread and naughty words!
            • Superior scares/kills.
            • Bleaker than the Irish economic situation.

I plan to take a brief break for breath now.

Phew.

And at the half?

Bobby 1- Rerb nil...
            *high 5*

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
            For a lot of people, that's how they were first introduced to Michael Caine.
            *raises hand*
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
              [*]A script more airtight than Blanche... not to mention dripping with dread and naughty words!
              I have nothing more to teach you, my Padawan. You are ready for the Trials.

Comment

Wrong.

Day Of The Dead was great because of Joe Fucking Pilato!
                Choke on em.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

All this Day of the Dead and no love for Billy the Drunk Irishman and Taso Stavrakis getting his voice box ripped off by the zombies?

You bastards.
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

I have nothing more to teach you, my Padawan. You are ready for the Trials.
                    *John Bender Fist Punch*

Thanks, man!
                    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                      All this Day of the Dead and no love for Billy the Drunk Irishman and Taso Stavrakis getting his voice box ripped off by the zombies?
                      I believe I mentioned the Ethnic stereotypes and people being destroyed like stretchy stretchy chewing gum...

Comment

Day of the Dead suffers from some of the worst acting in any Romero film.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                          I believe I mentioned the Ethnic stereotypes and people being destroyed like stretchy stretchy chewing gum...
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills but it's cool.

Comment

When I first saw Day of the Dead, I too hated it. I've come to accept it...

...but it ain't no Dawn of the Dead. Besides Knightriders is Romero at his best.
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

I don't hate Day it's just NO WHERE CLOSE to the brilliance of Dawn.

Comment

Working...
                                X