No announcement yet.

The Wolverine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ratner honestly has his hands clean from X3's problems. Blame the studio, producers and Matthew Vaughn.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

I know, and I know it's been said many times. But I can't help having that reaction anytime someone mentions Ratner.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Ratner gets props for pushing Matt Bomer for Superman. He would have been fucking awesome in the role.
        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
          Ratner honestly has his hands clean from X3's problems. Blame the studio, producers and Matthew Vaughn.
          How so on Matthew Vaughn? Because he left the production and Ratner had to step in and assume his role?
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

You got it.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Vaughn helped develop the story and worked with the writers. Then jumped ship at the zero hour. Ratner was hired basically as an 8-to-6 job to get it in theaters.

He claimed later that it was because the schedule was too tight. Ironically he took the X-Men: First Class gig when it had even less time to get done and didn't have the convenience of having a large cast of actors returning; plus it being a period piece.

To be fair though, there have been rumblings that Vaughn was actually fired from The Last Stand.
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

and I STILL don't think that X3 was all that bad. Sure, it was a marked drop in quality from the second film, but it wasn't quite the embarrassment that people make it out to be.
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Yup, X3 is definitely worse than X2, but better than X1.

Comment

Not surprisingly, the "I never realized I'd be away for so long from my family" excuse was bullshit.

Hollywood Elsewhere says the script was shit and with a big hit in Black Swan under his belt Aronofsky left it knowing it wouldn't piss off Fox now.
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                    X