No announcement yet.

The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preach it, Brother B. All I know is that the teaser gave me a big BatBoner.

Comment

• I hope Nolan brings back to the Batdance.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Say what you will about the Batman era movies (I think they are perfectly good campy fun) but they really knew how to cast the villains. Hard to pin down a favorite, to be honest.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Frank Gorshin for Bat Channel Era All-Time Winner-Is-You Villain.

Bob the Goon for Burton/Derpmaker Era. It was like looking at an alternate reality where Phil Collins became a criminal. (His boss is still my favorite of that era.)
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Gorshin is great.

And I still fucking love Tommy Lee Two Face.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Bob.

Nuff said.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Carrey (while over the top) is pretty good as the Riddler. He's no Gorshin but he makes the character his own.
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                  Carrey (while over the top) is pretty good as the Riddler. He's no Gorshin but he makes the character his own.
                  The best Carrey scene (or the one where I effectively got on board with Derpmaker's show) was one where he didn't even talk much.

I'm talking the Flaming Lips-backed creation of the first riddle.

How it is that he biked all the fucking way to Wayne Manor to deliver it is anyone's guess. I guess he really wanted to make him understand.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Carrey should have been a slam-dunk as the Riddler. He totally overdid it though...waaaaaaay too broad and over-the-top for me. If he had dialed it back to something that wasn't so spastic, I'd have been onboard.

It's moot, though...nobody will ever top Gorshin. God, that laugh of his...
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I'd lay the blame for Carrey's camp turn as the Riddler at the feet of Schumacher myself. He'd pretty much said so when he was doing interviews, literally asking why Batman had to be so dark, and that he wanted to hew close to the 60's TV show in feel.

Had Carrey dialed it down a bit, maybe go darker with the character, he'd have turned in something great (there are a few scenes where he's so damn close to doing so, it had me going "what if?" Even thought he would've made for a decent Joker, but alas, not to be).

ETA: Emphatically agree on Gorshin - that turn as the Riddler of his was perfect (love the laugh, too).

Comment

• Gorshin is the best. He's what sold me on Batman as a kid.

Saw the teaser, dug it. Like the last shot of Bane putting Bats into a corner.

Comment

• Forever was a misfire in many ways, but Carrey is hardly to blame for it. Really wish they'd have left Bruce's story in, especially if it condensed the villain screen time.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• as I recall, the only thing about 'Batman Forever' that I liked was the sequence where Robin's entire family is killed. I remember it being a fast paced, tense sequence with some actual emotion to it. You could feel his complete devastation when they all died. It became a cartoon after that, unfortunately.

the less said about 'Batman and Robin', the better.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              as I recall, the only thing about 'Batman Forever' that I liked was the sequence where Robin's entire family is killed. I remember it being a fast paced, tense sequence with some actual emotion to it. You could feel his complete devastation when they all died. It became a cartoon after that, unfortunately.

the less said about 'Batman and Robin', the better.
                              If I had to do it all over, I'd have made Jeffrey Combs Ed Nigma and played up that pretty fucked up origin of his as an asspained former employee. But yes, there were disparate parts that were okay, but the end result left much to be desired. And Chris O'Donnell totally got his ass kicked by that laundry on the first take.

RE: Batmang and Nipples, the Boy Wonder.

You may choose to suffer in silence, but I prefer catharsis.

Let's say more about Batman and Robin.

I'll start.

How about the first reactions you had to the trailer?

Can you conjure those feelings again, or has the unveiling of its true self left such a scar that it is impossible for you to ever return to that headspace ever again?

I remember seeing Bane taking apart the signal and having multiple nerdgasms.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Disappointed to say I'm not feeling this teaser at all. Aesthetically, it's very dour and Hardy looks like he's auditioning for Darth Vader in Zack Snyder's Star Wars.
                                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X