The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully checking it out tomorrow. yesss
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Knowles is an idiot. This film delivered. If you can criticise it for anything, its that - at close to 3 hours - maybe the Nolans and Goyer were overreaching with the amount of story. But a slightly long middle act aside, its a perfect way to close out the trilogy and yes, the final 5 minutes are great. I will say, I agree with Mark Kermode in that the way the film ends is much less clear cut than many would seem to believe and as open to interpretation as a lot of Nolan's other films.

Hardy's good, there are a couple of actors I didn't even know were in it (which I won't spoil) and Hathaway and Levitt are outstanding throughout. But Bale really owns this film. Someone needs to give him something really light hearted to do soon, cos I think between these films and The Fighter, he's shown that he's got nice timing. Special shout out to Wally Pfister, who just makes everything look amazing.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Huge improvement on second viewing.

Now I'd go as far to say its a great movie, like Begins and Dark Knight.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• aww yeah, going to see this in a few. yay.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• In regards to Nolan's Gloom Batman

Spoiler: disagree 
            I don't think he ended up making GLOOMY BAT (which I think is a dumb complaint anyways) because at the end he pulls the biggest punch/fuck you by giving the audience a totally happy ending and letting Batman live (with Selina Kyle on top of it)

Comment

• It was...ok.

Hardy was wasted I felt. The first fight scene was aces though.

Comment

• more thoughts

Spoiler: spoiluresz 
                The Tali/Bane twist was nice, but like Grave said, felt handled a tad poorly. Wish Crane would have put on his mask at least once but it was neat seeing him again. Wish we didn't see Bale and Hathaway at the end. It should have just been Alfred nodding (much like the top in Inception), they still should have killed him off completely in my opinion, but I'll take what I can get. JGL was awesome in this, loved the Robin connection and like others would totally watch a Bats flick with him. But I do think that Hardy didn't do that much in the role besides being buff. His voice mostly worked but there were defintely some parts that I couldn't understand. Catwoman was fun and Anne did a great job, but I still prefer Michelle in the role. But what really kind of bummed me out was the fact that Ledger was a jackass and overdosed, thus robbing us of the Joker running around Gotham with Bane. Thomas Lennon as the doctor was funny, really enjoyed that cameo.

All of that being said, I still think I liked The Avengers more in regards to my comic book summer flick.

Comment

• I hated this movie like Krol hated Prometheus. However, I'll spare everyone long diatribes for the next few weeks.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Bring on the next director and a slightly less serious take on Batman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                      Bring on the next director and a slightly less serious take on Batman.

Fuck...just do Batman. The Nolanverse is done and it should be left to stand on its own forever. Just run the fuck in the opposite direction.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• I wasn't excited at the end of the flick. I just felt drained. I still prefer Begins to this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                          I wasn't excited at the end of the flick. I just felt drained. I still prefer Begins to this.

This flick has the same problems as Begins, however it fails as a third leg of a trilogy. They betray the nature of Bale's Wayne/Batman at every turn. Michael Caine wanders through the movie rather lost. Tom Hardy is miscast and misdirected. Cotillard's not in it enough.

Hell, JGL and Hathaway do their best with what's given. It's just that the final product doesn't live up to quite possibly the hardest second act to follow in the last 20 years of popcorn cinema.

Comment

• I want to read all of your issues with the movie.

Comment

• I expected more discussion about the flick.

Comment

• Take this as you will, but I had more fun with Prometheus than I did with this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X