No announcement yet.

The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At one point he was poised to become Ra's Al Ghul's successor and man-wife to Talia after Bats told Ra's to tell it walkin'.

And he nearly destroyed Gotham (and the rest of the world) in the process.

Dude ain't one to mess with. Definitely one of his less crazy/more dangerous rogues (even as his venom-injecting gimmick has sort of been phased out).
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Also, the idea of Robin is not going to fly on-screen.

Not even back in '95 did they think the concept of sending a kid out to jump off rooftops and fight gun-toting thugs would work with most parents for obvious reasons, which is why they made him a college-aged laundry-fu guy.

The repeat/mirror of Bruce's childhood trauma in Grayson is interesting on paper, but they've already done it (to varying degrees of success depending on who you ask), and the idea of Bale hanging with some kid at the cave just sounds weird. The Nolan Batman would be hard-pressed to look intimidating with a tyke aping his Cookie Monster voice.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I still have the original Returns script with Robin in it. If I remember correctly they almost went with a Wayans I believe.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• He was a kid in the script and storyboards for the first Batman, with Joker killing his parents during the parade.

But a Wayans?

Jesus.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• As I recall from the books, Bane was on par with Batman mentally and due to his venom he was much stronger physically so yeah, one note he was not.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• My understanding is they flat out hired Wayans, did all the costume fittings, tests, etc. and went as far to shoot his cameo in Batman Returns (He was a street maniac who repaired the bat-mobile) and then they just lopped it.

Could have sworn Wayans confirmed all this during his Scary Movie 2 press rounds.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• That is horrifying and yet absolutely hilarious.

My reaction stems from my hatred of the White Chicks/Little Man one-two buckle my holocaust more than anything else that Marlon has ever done. At least he isn't SW-1.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That was around the time they did the new Robin costume design in the comics and the plan was to integrate it (or at least a variation of it) into the movies not unlike what they're doing with Superman.
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Wait, hold on one second.

THAT is their plan with Man of Steel? That Kryptodouche design?

I realize that due to the S/S suit that they'll have to amend certain things, but there has to be a design that is better than that orgy of seams and stupidity.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Well the new design in the comics looks a lot like the ones cooked up for McG's Superman: Flyby.

Actually a lot of stuff from the earlier incarnations wound up in Superman Returns: the plane rescue, him hearing the cries of the world and saving people from shattering glass with his heat vision from three separate scripts over the years.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• So Superman is going to look like a caped Solid Snake.

Great.

(that first picture actually isn't too bad...but SON OF JOR-EL, the added detail in that second one is like an asshole on an elbow)
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I don't understand why he's going to have a cape, if Superman isn't going to be able to fly.
                          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Oh, he'll fly in this movie. The whole issues with the rights and shit aren't going to effect Man of Steel that way. Hence why we'll see the origin story with Krypton and all that shit. That shit don't go into affect until 2013 which is why they gotta get it out next year.
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                              I don't understand why he's going to have a cape, if Superman isn't going to be able to fly.
                              I see it as the not-so-subtle visual metaphor of how powerful he will become, comic-wise anyway.

See how it will turn from a red cup towel into a mighty crimson bath sheet of justice!!!
                              Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-19-2011, 04:44 PM.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The only cool thing to happen to Pittsburgh while I was living here will occur after I've left. Fuck this town.

Apparently Nolan is blowing the fuck out of Pittsburgh...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11201/1161542-60-0.stm
                                Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Working...
                                X