X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Stupid View Post
    Let's say more about Batman and Robin.

I'll start.

How about the first reactions you had to the trailer?

Can you conjure those feelings again, or has the unveiling of its true self left such a scar that it is impossible for you to ever return to that headspace ever again?

I remember seeing Bane taking apart the signal and having multiple nerdgasms.
    I hated BF, and the trailers for B&R convinced me that it would be more of the same. When word came down that it was even WORSE than BF, I wasn't surprised.

So no...I never had any kind of positive reaction to the trailers/commercials.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Well I was part of your most hated group (starts with a "k," ends with "id") at that point, so I totally see how stupid I was back when I was a kid.

Once I saw the film, I became jaded and untrustworthy of all my heroes.
      Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-18-2011, 03:05 PM.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

If I had to do it all over, I'd have made Jeffrey Combs Ed Nigma....
        Amazing.

Let's say more about Batman and Robin.

I'll start.

How about the first reactions you had to the trailer?

Can you conjure those feelings again, or has the unveiling of its true self left such a scar that it is impossible for you to ever return to that headspace ever again?
        I remember watching the trailer on a preview show called Movies, Games, and Videos that said it was meant to be a 15 rating (so a moderate "R", I suppose?) I was 10 at the time... and very, very excited.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Well I was part of your most hated group (starts with a "k," ends with "id") at that point, so I totally see how stupid I was back when I was a kid.

Once I saw the film, I became jaded and untrustworthy of all my heroes.
          Don't you remember the pictures that were coming out of Poison Ivy, Bane and Mr. Freeze? I sure do, and I remember all of us going WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS STUPID SHIT, especially to Poison Ivy. This had SHIT all over it before a trailer even hit.

Get off my lawn.
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• For some reason, Ivy's change didn't ruin much for me (I'd carried a flame for Uma since Munchausen).

It was really down to famous comedian Arnold Braunschweiger's one-sheet that made me go "that's not Mr. Freeze."

Bane's look was fine until I saw him in the film. The mask was cool and the vein bodypaint was a cool approach to showing a Venom-addled body.

And then I saw him in action and was absolutely mortified that they had taken a guy with an intellect and physicality on the level of the dark knight, and transformed him into an oafish henchman. He was the Jaws of this Roger Moore'd franchise at that point. Apologies to Richard Kiel for the analogy.

Remember that nameless henchman in the first Batman that tears Batman a new Bathole? That's how I'd envisioned the never-made all out brawl with Bane. My imagination left me holding the bag on that one.
            Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-18-2011, 03:22 PM.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Can't remember a fuckin thing about the lead up to Batman & Robin. I remember being excited for Batman Forever.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I do remember damn near the entire fan community was trying to rewrite history in the years between Batman & Robin and Batman Begins saying how "everyone hated Batman Forever too!"

Bullshit. I vividly remember everyone fucking loving Forever and it was considered a return to form for the franchise post-Batman Returns and everyone thought Kilmer was a suitable replacement for Keaton.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I liked and still do like Fat Kilmer as Fatman.

That goddamn Seal song was everywhere that summer.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I remember being more excited for Men in Black than Batman & Robin. I could remember reading an article in TIME talking about the lack of enthusiasm for Batman & Robin.
                    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Batman & Robin was the first time I punched a hole in a screen. I was 16.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I actually remember wanting to see Contact more than anything else that summer.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• That's wholly unfair to the screen.

It was only doing its job.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                            I actually remember wanting to see Contact more than anything else that summer.
                            That was a fucking amazing trailer.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I love you, man.
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Not sure if I said it or if any one gives a shit, but I dig that teaser. That last shot of Bane and Bats is neat and I'm going in pretty much blind.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X