RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    What the fuck ever happened to the journeymen?
    Because everyone wants to be a rock-star.

I'm with ya on Snyder. The man has talent and comes off like a genuinely good dude. But he's shown how badly he requires restraint; it's telling that his best film is Dawn of the Dead. It's good for Superman that the Nolans and Chuck Roven are there to cipher out his bad ideas, and focus on the good ones.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
      Keep in mind that I'm not a school-trained film student/artist/critic before you tell me that I'm retarded for saying this.

I think the drubbing at the hands of critics and the public over 'Sucker Punch' will humble him a bit. Hopefully, it makes him a better director. I think he's good... but his films since 'DoTD' seem to lack 'humanity' for a lack of a better term. Technically, they are superb... but I could give two shits about the story or characters.

Ok... there's my $.02
      I too am unschooled and I share your opinion. Countdown to someone shitting on us in 3....2.....
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Leave it to David the Nolan to slap his shit when he acts out.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
          Keep in mind that I'm not a school-trained film student/artist/critic before you tell me that I'm retarded for saying this.

I think the drubbing at the hands of critics and the public over 'Sucker Punch' will humble him a bit. Hopefully, it makes him a better director. I think he's good... but his films since 'DoTD' seem to lack 'humanity' for a lack of a better term. Technically, they are superb... but I could give two shits about the story or characters.

Ok... there's my $.02

Dawn of the Dead should be the fucking highlight movie to Snyder's problem. He starts strong. He's a great starter, but he loses his fucking way almost an hour into every movie.

Hell, DOTD 2004 turns into an Aliens homage in the third act and never lets up.

Sucker Punch is something that I won't harp on, since I don't want to spoil for others.

300 and Watchmen were hurt by the fact that Snyder doesn't understand adaptation. Again, great starts...sloppy finish.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I'd just like to say "FUCK YES!" to Amy Adams being cast as Lois Lane.
            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• wut
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                I'd just like to say "FUCK YES!" to Amy Adams being cast as Lois Lane.

I was talking to Fab about that and I thought he was kidding me. Interesting choice that I can see working.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Lois is just as complex a role to pull off as Superman/Clark Kent. She's shown in her past performances the range required to make it work, and I think it's fucking brilliant. It's also a casting choice that I feel like came from Snyder. That and Costner.

I know Nolan cast Cavill, and I have no idea who was responsible for Lane.
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Hott mother (Diane Lane) and hott girlfriend (Amy Adams.) I just hope that it is better than Smallville and "Superman Returns". Hate me if you will but compared to "Superman" and "Superman II" the modern reboots pale.
                    Sticky white or pale yellow discharge can be constant during pregnancy, leaving you feeling in frequent need of new undies. Talk to your doctor if it develops a foul odor, itches or burns, or becomes greenish-yellow or very thick or watery; you may have an infection.

Comment

• I'm just hoping Cavill and Adams have some chemistry onscreen so they can sell the Superman/Clark and Lois romance/relationship. I'm sure they will, but I wasn't feeling it too much between Routh and Bosworth - felt a bit forced in parts, but that whole relationship was cocked up to begin with in that flick.

Comment

• Bosworth was horrible as Lane. I have higher hopes for Adams but I still don't really give a shit about this flick.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                          I'm just hoping Cavill and Adams have some chemistry onscreen so they can sell the Superman/Clark and Lois romance/relationship. I'm sure they will, but I wasn't feeling it too much between Routh and Bosworth - felt a bit forced in parts, but that whole relationship was cocked up to begin with in that flick.
                          RE: Superman Returns

They could have saved some money if they'd gone the extra step and bought an anime hug pillow to play Lois.
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 03-28-2011, 08:10 AM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• A cardboard cutout would have been an improvement over Bosworth.

I'm a newly converted fan of Amy Adams (because of 'The Fighter') so I'm actually quite pleased with this bit of casting.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Me too. I've never really had a problem with Adams, but her performance in The Fighter coupled with how good a fit she seems to be for Lane makes me happy about this news.
                              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• It was Cruel Intentions 2 that sold me.

WHAT IS IT WITH YOU JOHNNY COME LATELYS?
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X