RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    She was like 'that's a 14 year old boy's wet dream'. No shit, that's a quote. I'm rather proud of her for that.
    That was also my first reaction to seeing the teaser.

Have no fucking way of knowing (so I don't pretend to), but...I wouldn't be surprised if a large chunk of female audiences reacted negatively to seeing the Sucker Punch trailers because it rubbed them as being stylistically sexist.

I don't think that's Snyder's intention. But it does come off as what a hyperactive 13-14 year-old boy would at girls as in addition to the giant robots, German zombies soldiers and Samurai Scott Glenn.

Bet it's tracking horribly with both younger and older females.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
      The trailer got fucking LAUGHED AT by all of the women in my audience.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• My wife wants to see it, but she likes explosions, robots, ninja swords etc...
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• ...hence your wife is awesome?

If my wife would have laugh I'd have punch the uterus out of her belly just out of principle.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Pretty much, yeah. And big boobies too. WINNING.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
              That was also my first reaction to seeing the teaser.

Have no fucking way of knowing (so I don't pretend to), but...I wouldn't be surprised if a large chunk of female audiences reacted negatively to seeing the Sucker Punch trailers because it rubbed them as being stylistically sexist.

I don't think that's Snyder's intention. But it does come off as what a hyperactive 13-14 year-old boy would at girls as in addition to the giant robots, German zombies soldiers and Samurai Scott Glenn.

I say this as someone who wants to fuck the shit outta that T-Mobile girl.
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• GF wants to see Sucker Punch, and I am pleased to oblige her.

Comment

• funny that there are ZERO reviews for 'Sucker Punch' up at Rotten Tomatoes. Are they not screening this for critics or is there some sort of Uber Embargo going on?
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Drop the Akira thing... they need to make a film of Otomo's 'Domu'.

Same principal, but old man as telekinetic bad guy. Lots of 'splosions, pain, and death... but compressed into one book.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                      Drop the Akira thing... they need to make a film of Otomo's 'Domu'.

Same principal, but old man as telekinetic bad guy. Lots of 'splosions, pain, and death... but compressed into one book.
                      FUCK. YES!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                        FUCK. YES!
                        Seriously... all you need to do to bring in the fanboys/otaku is to put

"FROM THE VISIONARY WHO BROUGHT YOU 'AKIRA'..." in the trailers and on the posters.

The book is set present day, so you can go batshit nuts with digital effects. I think it would work. Even in today's Hollywood.

Comment

• Let's also adapt 'Goddess' by Garth Ennis. That'd be a fun little movie and would make for a good dry run if you were serious about doing a quality job on 'Preacher'.

Comment

• Matt, Vin, why the hell aren't you two in Hollywood making these pitches? NAO!

Comment

• Find me someone with $15-$20 million and I could have both films made. Fuck Hollywood... we'll go indie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                funny that there are ZERO reviews for 'Sucker Punch' up at Rotten Tomatoes. Are they not screening this for critics or is there some sort of Uber Embargo going on?
                                They've already had screenings but are apparently still under embargo. One of my guys Mitch is going to see it tonight at a press screening. Being held at fucking 10:00 P.M. if that ain't a red flag.
                                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                                X