• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamie: how was 'Sucker Punch'?
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Haven't seen it.

Even though I expect pure shit (buddy writing on my site sees it tonight at a press screening. at 10 PM.) but dammit I'm gonna bite the bullet and check it out this weekend.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Ah, I misread. I was playing catch-up on multiple threads today and I THOUGHT I saw you say that you were seeing it last night. My error.

My wife laughed at the previews for it, though. She was like 'that's a 14 year old boy's wet dream'. No shit, that's a quote. I'm rather proud of her for that.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• And it's EXACTLY why I wanna see it. And the wife too, and I'm proud of her, as she's more of the Kusturica/Truffault/ Von Trier crowd than me.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Jen wants to see it because it looks like a live-action anime/manga thingy. I'm just going to see the chicks and robots.

Comment

• I've been thinking on the rumored casting for 'Akira'. If those ARE the choices that we're gonna have, I'd go for:
              Kaneda: Chris Pine
              Tetsuo: James McAvoy

I can see James bringing his 'Wanted' character to the role and acing it. None of this changes the fact that they're supposed to be teenagers, but whatever. They moved the age from 20 to 30 for 'Logan's Run', after all.

Comment

• and what would the American name of the movie and the characters be?

Would they keep the name 'Akira' and just explain it off as a Japanese kid living in America? Would Kaneda become Kyle/Kenny? Would Tetsuo become Tyler/Trevor?

Comment

• I'm surprised they're looking at adults for this. Keep 'em teenagers, and have Justin Bieber play Tetsuo! C'mon, who wouldn't want to see him get his arm blown off and mutate into some giant cyborg flesh blob?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                    I'm surprised they're looking at adults for this. Keep 'em teenagers, and have Justin Bieber play Tetsuo! C'mon, who wouldn't want to see him get his arm blown off and mutate into some giant cyborg flesh blob?
                    Because half of those retarded teen girls would wanna get raped by that giant cyborg flesh blob? Wait, it actually might be cool for once, unlike that Twilight Patterson bitch.

Comment

• Yes, Martin. Yesssss.......

Comment

• Honestly, I'm 100% suprised that they aren't looking to cast Robert Pattinson AND Taylor Lautner (sp?) as Kaneda and Tetsuo. You know, for the girls.

Comment

• TETSUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOnomnomnomnom*

*eating sparkling mutant cock.

Comment

• We'd get Kristen Stewart playing a lip-chewing Kei.

Fuck it - I'm rewatching the anime this weekend.

Comment

• Or Kaori. She'll be the one crushed inside of Lautner's TetsuoTrapperKeeperBlob.

Comment

• And if you don't have the attention span for that. Just watch the video for Kanye West's "Stronger".

Damn, that's a good song.
                                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                                X