RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
    How exactly? I didn't say reusing Stephen Lang was a bad thing. So, the fuckup was actually unfucked.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      HEY MATT I HOPE THEY MAKE AKIRA LIKE SPEED RACER, THE GOONIES and THE FIFTH ELEMENT ALL COMBINED!
      Oh shit... now you've done it.

Comment

• We got enough of Lang's Evil Colonel Badass in bad movie already.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
          We got enough of Lang's Evil Colonel Badass in bad movie already.
          Nathan?

He needs that YouTube clip. NAO.

Comment

• Roger.
            "><iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4KWSFX7dUGc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              AKIRA needs to just fucking die. The anime isn't all that great (from a story stand point, the books are better. The animation is fucking amazing though). The only way AKIRA works completely is in book form. Keep it that way.
              This. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever for this project to exist, save in the forms it's already in now (anime and the original manga). Besides, apart from the SFX, the story will likely go over the heads of most of the audience anyway.

Comment

• But not if they dumb it down... which they will... because it's fucking Hollywood.

Comment

• I don't necessarily think changing it needs to mean dumbing it down. I mean, I know what you're saying (it usually does mean dumbing it down in such situations) but this could be interesting. Akira has so many cool concepts and "moments" in it that it's crying out for another blast. If you gave me a James Vanderbilt or Andrew Kevin Walker script and someone who doesn't want to Zack Snyder it, I'd be mighty curious to see what happens in live-action. Bizarre casting decisions or otherwise.
                  "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• SNYDERFY IT!

Comment

• YES
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• There are some fantastic ideas out there suited for the medium, but Akira ain't one of 'em.

The story is so convoluted that to pare it down to a realistic running time would make it just as incoherent as the anime.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I just read about Akira. I foresee it becoming the aborted sibling to Shamalamdingdong's The Last Airbender or Dragon Ball. Why not just use it as an inspiration and not reference the characters or setting? That way, people may actually pay to see it as opposed to just torrenting it.
                          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Clancy Brown as the Colonel. There's your one bit of perfect casting right there.

Also, you can all die in a fire for that 'Speed Racer' shit.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Just friendly ribbing. It's not like I'm clamoring for the "Highlander" reboot to be done in that style....wait a minute. THAT MAY BE THE BEST THING EVER. MATTHEW FOX AS THE KURGEN....
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• JOHN GOODMAN AS RAMIREZ!

SUSAN SARANDON AS HEATHER!

Comment

Working...
                                X