RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

•   Spoiler: Adding onto that.  

Brave and the Bold, Superman Legacy, Swamp Thing, Supergirl and Authority all had their budgets slashed in half.

So expect Gunn to be a credited co-writer and producer on all those titles to get the costs down for WBD.

It's why Hodson and some of the Flash team got fired off Brave and the Bold so fast. They drove the production cost up.

Clooney is the Brave and the Bold Batman as long as he stays cheap.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

•   Spoiler: Halfway through The Flash eating shit this weekend. 

Superman Legacy is probably the most important film to a studio since The Godfather saved Paramount's ass in 72.

The Flash eating shit has fucked up a lot, but if Superman eats shit...DC is going onto a shelf for a bit until it gets a new owner.

Disney is pairing down costs and micromanaging right now, but that's a world away from the financial nightmare looming over WBD.

The Flash would have bought them the leeway to try shit. Now, Superman has to be a giant Guardians/Fast and the Furious/pre pandemic MCU level smash just to keep the lights on.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• RE: Superman: Legacy.

Man that all just sounds like more of the same "behind the curve" thinking that's kept them in the shit-pocket for a decade. Stop jamming shit into shit to make it a bigger picture. It has lost the shine completely.

And for the record, I thought the Flash was enjoyable. The unfinished FX add a weird Wolverine-Workprint kitschy charm to it.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Superman Legacy is getting reworked to be cheaper to make. So, third major rewrite and you didn't need a Bluesky invite to find out.

Who wants a bigger and way too early spoiler?

Comment

• ME ME ME ME
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Oh, also: just how big of a colossal flop is BLUE BEETLE going to be? Feels like a legendary flop in the making.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                Oh, also: just how big of a colossal flop is BLUE BEETLE going to be? Feels like a legendary flop in the making.
                Everyday I kiss my friend's ass from keeping me from buying WBD stock. It's been awhile since I've seen one studio fuck themselves this bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  ME ME ME ME
                    Spoiler: Deadpool 3 WGA Strike Script and Shoot and All The Things That Strike Obligations make you keep 

DP3 opens immediately after the end credits montage of DP2. TVA grabs DP for fucking with the timeline with Cable's device. He gets taken to TVA where he fucks with everyone and then gets dumped on two lower agents.

He gives them the slip, steals Cable's device and tries to send himself back to FOX World, but it's gone.

So he ends up landing in House of M.

This is a reality designed for Magneto by an alternate Wanda Maximoff to give him his wildest dreams. This being 55 years of mutants ruling the Earth and humans being the minority.

We see the events of Days of Future Past go quiet different in the 70s, as Magneto uses the attacks and Sentinels building to rally mutants around him to take over the Earth. Eventually, Earth humans make a deal with him and give him America for letting rest of world go. Then over the next 50 years, shit goes all Children of Men for humanity and everyone comes out mutant.

DP wonders why he returned there and according to his TVA trackers, it's because this is FOX World now. It's also a hodge podge of other cast off Earths that Alt Wanda keeps crushing together to make the House of M stronger to appease Ian McKellan Magneto daddy.

The TVA show DP a device to zap key people into their true timeline selves to help him out, DP steals it and starts trying to build a super team. He frees Blind Al, Dopinder, the normal human X-Force guy, Yukio, Negasonic Teenage Warhead and a few other pals. Then he goes to free Wolverine.

Wolverine in the House of M is a WWE/UFC wrestler gladiator type with bright outfits who is a minor celeb. When DP tries to zap him back to Logan mode, he slices DP's femoral arteries open and cuts off his dick and balls

He goes in to Decapitate DP, when DP zaps Logan back to the forefront. They buddy buddy up, but Logan is all depressed and serious now and he wants to go save his teen daughter Laura.

We get more of a sense of what has changed. Magneto has a royal family that rules over everything with Wanda as his prized child. Dr. Hank McCoy is a political prisoner ala Mandela, because Magneto had him imprisoned for making Cerebro to track mutants and for helping the CIA in the formation of the X-Men.

No telepathic, precog, similar mutants are allowed to roam free and no one seems to know Charles Xavier ever existed.

The rest of the world lets Magneto do whatever he wants as long as they keep mutant affairs out of their realm.

Unfortunately, the X-Men Resistance is trying to topple Magneto and find out what happened to Xavier. It's a mix of all the movie characters. Including many multiples as the worlds are barely holding together. 3 Angels, 2 Cyclops, etc.

They make contact with the humans who have their own hero team called The Fantastic Four. Only Alba and the British Reed guy are in it, they're using Male Models and Mo-Cap for Torch and Thing.

As Wanda keep siphoning more worlds to feed this one, we see more Jubilees, Jeans, etc start showing up.

The group forms a plan to use the Chrysler Building to broadcast a mini Cerebro to find out where Xavier is being kept. This triggers a fight with the Brotherhood and the return of the Juggernaut. The violence throughout all of this is super graphic but cartoonish. Blob eats Angel, Pyro gets shot in the head and then burns people alive while he's dying, shit like that.

Eventually leads to Colossus vs. Juggernaut II which results in the Chrysler Building going all 9/11 with everyone inside. Whomever couldn't fly away, be super strong or teleport out dies.

We get this Wanda's origins, as she's a Goth Chick who sees the Wanda summoning from Doc Strange 2 and gets the idea to start doing her own take on things from her world. Instead of looking for replacement kids, she looks for replacement worlds where Magneto wins and her father loves her.

She consumes DP's reality, the FOX TV Movies reality, the Singerverse, the F4 reality, Daredevil, Elektra everything into the House of M.

Jean Grey and Storm find Xavier who has been kept in a garden castle prison for decades to the point that he barely remembers who he is, they free him with the DP stolen TVA zapper and he remembers his true life.

The assembled team of the F4, DP and his X-Force, the Singer X-Men, the FOX TV movie gang, DD and Elektra and a wide variety of kid mutants all team up to attack Wanda and Magneto.

Wanda and Magneto send the Brotherhood out to die one by one, as Wanda sets her eyes on the MCU to consume and keep the House of M stable forever.

Wolverine tries to kill her, but Magneto partially rips the metal out of him before he starts having a heart attack from age and strain. Wolvie is fucked up, but his body starts trying to push the metal back in as Jean helps with her mental powers to effectively reset every broken bone in his body.

Magneto is dying and everyone has this moral dilemma about what to do, then DP walks up and shoots him in the head. Everyone freaks, but DP is like PROBLEM SOLVED.

Xavier tears through Wanda's mind where he sees her true life as just a war orphan that Magneto saved from a shelling. Wanda remembers things one way, but Xavier shows her the truth.

Magneto thought she would be a great poster child, but left Pietro to die from his wounds. Xavier shows her how she was used over and over again until she breaks. She opens up a portal to the safe world (the MCU) and tells everyone that wants to survive to make the journey home. Lots of Wizard of Oz imagery throughout script.

Professor X, Storm, Cyclops and Jean choose to stay behind. Wolverine, DP, the surviving X-Force members and Laura choose to head to the MCU.

Those goons go to MCU, as the House of M blinks out of existence upon Wanda killing herself.

DP lands first and busts into pieces from the fall as the rest gently glide to Battleworld.

They look around them and see that it's not the MCU we all know. Planet of the Apes style parody, as they see a fragmented world with the remains of Avengers Tower lying in front of them.

Next stop: Secret Wars.

Comment

• Interesting.
                    So, which other actors are appearing in this then? Who else is reprising roles?

Comment

• Aww man, I want Blue Beetle to be good. :/ I like the main dude from Cobra Kai and the character could be a bunch of fun.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

•   Spoiler: Superman Legacy Take 3, 4, 5, and 6. 

So, it sounds like everyone got the Zaslav approved plot today that is backed up by the soon to be multiplying quick casts.

Breakdown:

Superman has been Supes for 5 years when movie opens.
                        The new DCU has had superheroes for decades in various fashions.

There is nothing left from Snyderverse or any prior DCU. If this Universe bares a semblance to anything, maybe the Justice League Unlimited cartoons. Hell, there's strong ties between them, but it's a new thing.

In fact, it sounds like Zaslav and the Board have killed The Authority as a project and their inclusion in Gunn's DCU.

Basic plot: Generic Middle East threat targets the planet and Clark tries to stop it. General Lane, Luthor and others get involved. Eventually, Superman oversteps his parameters and the US sends the Justice Society after him.

It's about 14 people strong, so expect more casting. A LOT MORE.

Superman is mad about having to work in the shadows, being an urban legend and being scapegoated for trying to do the right thing.

He saves the day on his own terms and realizes he has to have his own thing, so he meets with heroes that share his beliefs and they start building the Justice League.

Meanwhile, we find out that Luthor is buddy buddy with the Dept of Defense and Amanda Waller runs The Justice Society as part of Argus/Cadmus/literally has five names in plot outline.

Names that come up in script:

Captain Marvel/Shazam
                        Booster Gold
                        Guy Gardner (only called Guy or referred to as Green Lantern implying he's the only known Lantern at that time)
                        Metamorpho
                        Hawkgirl
                        Mr. Terrific
                        Plastic Man
                        Red Tornado
                        Starman
                        Spectre
                        Damage
                        Hourman
                        Jesse Quick/Flash (I'm really confused by what I saw her)
                        An Amazon (another point I got confused on)

The reason why the Middle East guy is a threat? His techies have discovered Kryptonian AI to weaponize their Army. Unfortunately, it's the last fragments of the Braniac Collective finally reaching Earth from Krypton's destruction.

Superman recognizes the tech, tries to stop it, but his presences triggers Braniac to take over these terrorist goons.

There will be no origin sequence in the film. The closest you get is an explanation of what Braniac is for the humans.

Ma and Pa Kent are in it. Last I heard, Kristen Chenoweth and Brendan Fraser are the favorites for it.

There are no childhood flashbacks. Maybe 2 Smallville scenes with the parents responding to what's happening in present day.

There are going to be a fuckton more people announced, but that doesn't mean they have big roles. It means these are people being locked down to appear in multiple DC projects.

Nicholas Hoult is wanted in DC and Marvel equally. Marvel is prepared to offer him a job, but so is DC and they're both as equally close to pulling the trigger.

Also the whole talk of NoHo Hank as Deadman was for real. But, the people handling mystical horror DC wanted someone else and it seems like they got him. But Deadman won't be part of Supes Legacy.

Jimmy Olsen, Perry White and some Planet people are in it too.

Comment

• Sounds like they're throwing in everything but the kitchen sink. Kind of worried about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                            Sounds like they're throwing in everything but the kitchen sink. Kind of worried about that.
                            The sharp fucking pivots immediately following The Flash and seem to have been leading up to it are blowing my mind.

Especially because a lot of these castings were done almost a month ago and were getting WBD trade dumped to get ahead of SAG Strike. Not sure what's going to happen now, even with the juicy Marvel one that hit at the crack of dawn this morning.

Comment

•   Spoiler: We getting casting drops, announces, tidbits at 5:30 am now 

I casually watch The Bear, so I had to look up who the guy played on the show.

But, Richie looks like he's probably going to be The Thing now.

Comment

• That’s a FANTASTIC actor. He was amazing in most roles I’ve seen him. Last Ship, Andor, etc.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X