RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mean, that's all it needs to be.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Henry Cavill is rumored for a return to the DCEU as Superman, joining the MCU and/or being added to House of the Dragon.

​​​​​Can ​we please pick a lane with what bullshit rumor we want to push, Film Twitter??
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• CAVILL AS SUPES OR I KILL MYSELF
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• There's a new rumor about Cavill being Superman again every 6 months.
          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I won't believe anything on Cavill until there's a press release.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I know it's not going to probably happen, but I'd still dig at least one more Supes movie with him in it. I fucking still love Man of Steel.

Comment

• Oddly enough, MOS was on one of the pay channels (HBO, probably) and I caught the last half hour or so of it.
                Cavill deserves another one and I think he has enough inherent good will in the role to draw an audience with another one.
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I liked Cavill (in Man of Steel). But he had three shots at the batter's plate and missed every time. Compare that to the single chance Brandon Routh got. The fact is the public didn't take to him and his films.

The best move now is to take The Batman approach to Supes.
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• But if we're comparing Brandon and Henry they both come down to scripts/director. Brandon was a good Supes in the Arrowverse but that movie was terrible. Cavill was a good Supes in the movies but people hate Snyder/Wheadon.

Out of those two actors, Henry is a much, much, much better Supes than Brandon imo. But people just didn't take to Snyder (which I get but disagree about). Doesn't mean he shouldn't be given another movie. however, fuck it, throw Cavill into the MCU, and find a random person to be Supes going forward. I'm fine if they do a take on it like they did The Batman but I legit love Cavill as Supes.

Comment

• I still would not mind seeing All Star Superman done as a film as close the material as possible. I kind of loved that story and that would be something they could do that could in theory feel new and fresh.

Comment

• Apparently the original plan for Man of Steel was in fact The Batman but for Supes with everything established, and done closer to the vein of John Byrne.

But because of the Siegel/Shuster lawsuits and them having to retread the origin for legal reasons, it got thrown out.

If it were me, I'd definitely go Byrne and seriously take a look at Austin Stowell (has that All-American look/vibe and worked for Spielberg twice) for Superman.

Realistically, it wouldn't be till 2025 for another movie, and it's just been too long since Cavill last wore the suit.
                        Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 09-06-2022, 09:13 AM.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Cavill was the best Superman.

Man of Steel is still really good.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• My biggest gripe with MoS was the big fight over PERFECTLY FLAT GROUND IN THE MIDDLE OF A DESTROYED CITY. WTF
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Cavill will never be Superman again. Bank on it.

Speaking of Bank, there is an underlying reason why Marvel announced everything but core info on Blade, F4 and Nova.
                                Spoiler: It's a rich man's world. 
                              The people they want, want to get PAAAAAAIIIIIDDDD.

Fuck, they shared more about Cap: NWO than they planned on doing.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Village Roadshow is financing the first new John Waters movie in 20 years.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X