No announcement yet.

RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want Star Wars to get out of the original’s shadow.

KOTOR was embraced partly because of that. I want sequels.

FAR from Luke and shit.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
      I want Star Wars to get out of the original’s shadow.

KOTOR was embraced partly because of that. I want sequels.

FAR from Luke and shit.
      This. Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett scratched that OT itch nicely for me. I'm more interested in visiting the KOTOR and High Republic eras. Also, won't say no to a Sith series, showing their rise and fall.

Comment

• Watched Nope a little bit ago.

Spoiler: Works way better on film than as script. 

I think Jordan Peele heard the criticism of his first two flicks, dialed back a lot of the on the nose shit and said how about I just try to make a Spielbergian Sci-Fi horror movie.

Treating the alien ship not as a ship, but as a bio-mechanical creature is Giger style.
        Dropping the black people as fuel angle is smart, because you immediately make people focus on what's onscreen rather than rolling their eyes.

Universal has no idea how to market this and it shows in every fucking frame.

I can see why they paid off the HBO people, because you could make the argument that the alien is still inspired by that previous show.

But, it's a whole other thing now.

Some people will trying to make comparisons to Arrival and a little bit of Signs, but that's dumb. Nope is much meaner.

Also, the way how it's edited from script to film. Michael Wincott is in the entire last third of the movie instead of in the middle.

While I think it's one of the Best of 2022: I can already see thinkpieces about how it's really a take on animal cruelty and exploitation.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I don't imagine this is going to do well.

Barely an tickets sold for opening night compared to Us.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
            I don't imagine this is going to do well.

Barely an tickets sold for opening night compared to Us.
            This is the first Peele movie where it feels like editing and holding back saved its ass. While there are still moments of Eyeroll shit, it's few and far between.

In fact, I think it's going to be his core audience that outright rejects it and the horror fans are going to save it.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Wait, we get Michael fucking Wincott? This is automatically better than Us.

Comment

• Rightly or wrongly, Peele is headed for a backlash.

Us had a pretty divisive reaction (outside of Lupita's lead performance) in addition to the negative reactions to The Twilight Zone revival he headlined/produced and Hunters.

Like M. Night, he got the "new Spielberg" press and wasn't wise enough to reject that narrative.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                  Rightly or wrongly, Peele is headed for a backlash.

Us had a pretty divisive reaction (outside of Lupita's lead performance) in addition to the negative reactions to The Twilight Zone revival he headlined/produced and Hunters.

Like M. Night, he got the "new Spielberg" press and wasn't wise enough to reject that narrative.
                  M. Night wanted the FANTASY WHIMSICAL SPIELBERG. Peele is leaning into the darker early aspects of what he did and it pays off. It is a fascinating movie.

Comment

• Us would have been much better received if it ended 20 minutes earlier.

Comment

• The fuel thing was so retarded. Glad it was dropped.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        Us would have been much better received if it ended 20 minutes earlier.
                        100 FUCKING PERCENT. US got so far up it's own ass it ruined everything that came before. Also, I'm still on board for NOPE as I have not read anything about it.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          The fuel thing was so retarded. Glad it was dropped.
                            Spoiler: TGIF 

It got replaced with a scene of a monkey going crazy on a TGIF style sitcom set and mauling people.

New Andy Serkis plays the monkey.
                          https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1024953/?ref_=tt_cl_t_15

Traumatizes Glenn from Walking Dead as a kid.

Comment

• In regards to the Halloween Ends news.

Spoiler: Hah 

So, they're doing a bake-off. STILL.

A bake-off is when a studio can't commit to the final direction of a movie. The Weinsteins spent the late 90s and all of the 00s blowing this model up through the roof. It's why Cursed, all of their Asian pick-ups and indie stuff got brutally cut so much.

Basically, you pick a test market or two and set up two screens. You invite two groups of people who can't communicate into a theater to watch the same movie. But, it's different cuts. They've been doing this for 5 weeks on Halloween Ends (cough because a lot of ex Weinstein people are now Focus and Blumhouse people).

The test responses have been horrible on both cuts. Normally, this process takes a weekend to a full week at most. Maybe two weeks if it's bad. Right now, it's prepared to enter Week 6 starting this weekend.

What all of these people are struggling with is Corey the Copycat Killer and why this seemingly planned trilogy is taking such a HAAAARD right turn for its final part.

It's going so bad that Universal is wanting to step in to see if they can bump the movie, but the release window means it would get bumped to next April at earliest.

Nobody knows what to do. I used a contact from a Press friend to find two people at the Maricopa screening last weekend to see what they thought. They called it The Rise of Skywalker of Horror Movies. All of it felt rushed, too much new shit and it ends in a way that makes you think it's paying off 40 years of shit, but it's more of a LOOK AT SHIT from better movies collage.

Comment

• Hey Troy! what's the word on BULLET TRAIN?
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                Hey Troy! what's the word on BULLET TRAIN?
                                Watched it already. It is insanely disposable and I have to check my notes to remember half of it. Still, Brad Pitt was good.

Comment

Working...
                                X