No announcement yet.

RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney had had talks with Fox about buying their film/TV divisions. Fox wants out of showbiz altogether and sticking exclusively with news/sports. Gigantically huge news.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
      Disney had had talks with Fox about buying their film/TV divisions. Fox wants out of showbiz altogether and sticking exclusively with news/sports. Gigantically huge news.
      If this went through:
      - Almost all Marvel characters under the Disney banner. This would clear the way for the X-Men and the F4 to fight with the Avengers.
      - This would also cause a revamp of the Comic Books, considering what Marvel has retooled and cancelled over the past few years to spite Fox.
      - This would get all of the STAR WARS films, especially Ep IV, firmly under the Disney banner. We'd finally get that OT blu ray set.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I'm curious what Ari's take on this might be now.

Considering how odd it was for the Disney/Apple deal to fall through the cracks. This seems like asking for the moon.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          If this went through:
          - Almost all Marvel characters under the Disney banner. This would clear the way for the X-Men and the F4 to fight with the Avengers.
          - This would also cause a revamp of the Comic Books, considering what Marvel has retooled and cancelled over the past few years to spite Fox.
          - This would get all of the STAR WARS films, especially Ep IV, firmly under the Disney banner. We'd finally get that OT blu ray set.

Publishing is having its own issues right now that it might be case of too little, too late.

Also, they did fire that kid for leaking their dirty laundry all over Reddit and 4Chan. Not sure if this was the place that had the original link or not.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Disney and Fox already have joint ownership on the original trilogy. A deal buying out the latter wouldn't make the OT Blu-Rays suddenly happen.
            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I just want real Sentinels and a giant purple Galactus. A period FF movie would blow my hair back too.

If this goes through, the end stinger of Avengers 4 will be the Silver Surfer telling Galactus about Earth. BOOK IT.
              Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Disney and Fox already have joint ownership on the original trilogy. A deal buying out the latter wouldn't make the OT Blu-Rays suddenly happen.

Kinda sorta. It's way more complicated than ANY OUTLET has discussed.

That being said, I know the Disney Home Media team very well and I'm excited over the idea that they could dive into the FOX Archive.

Comment

• The unspoken aloud rumors had Lucas unwilling to do the OT Blu-Rays (digitally cleaned up and everything) because of his ex-wife.

He's (rightfully) bitter how she cheated on him during Return of the Jedi and doesn't want to pay her a cent. Supposedly the more he made changes to the OT, he wouldn't have to pay her. I believe there is truth to that... but it's also a moot point. Lucas sold it all off to the Mouse and walked away. None of that dough would come outta his pockets, but Disney's.
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

The unspoken aloud rumors had Lucas unwilling to do the OT Blu-Rays (digitally cleaned up and everything) because of his ex-wife.

He's (rightfully) bitter how she cheated on him during Return of the Jedi and doesn't want to pay her a cent. Supposedly the more he made changes to the OT, he wouldn't have to pay her. I believe there is truth to that... but it's also a moot point. Lucas sold it all off to the Mouse and walked away. None of that dough would come outta his pockets, but Disney's.

Yes, but that's a side issue. What's fucking everything up is Episode IV. The contracts Alan Ladd Jr had signed in 75-77 turned that one film into a legal nightmare. Empire and Jedi to Disney would be a done deal.

To get IV back, they'd have to honor the Library of Congress deal. Then, restore the original master from scratch. From there, they'd have to pay out Alan Ladd Jr and Marcia Lucas. From there, they'd have to pay out the surviving members of the FOX board.

After that chunk of change is dropped, they would then have to prep DCPs for those films. Hell, even Phantom Menace at this point needs work done.

So, after all of that is said and done...yeah, they could release it.

Comment

• Take it for what you will (He's a well-known bullshitter), but John Landis made headlines months back saying how Disney/Fox were restoring the OT for Blu-Ray... and he is pals with Lucas.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I want mutants in my Marvel films. Make this happen.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Take it for what you will (He's a well-known bullshitter), but John Landis made headlines months back saying how Disney/Fox were restoring the OT for Blu-Ray... and he is pals with Lucas.

They can be restoring Empire and Jedi and Landis is still correct. But, A New Hope needs massive amounts of work done.

Comment

• Mutants and the accompanying racist/homophobe allegories don't really "fit" with the MCU. Hell... they really didn't fit within the comics either.

And Fox, to their credit, had the balls to make Logan and Deadpool. Marvel wouldn't.
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Mutants and the accompanying racist/homophobe allegories don't really "fit" with the MCU. Hell... they really didn't fit within the comics either.

And Fox, to their credit, had the balls to make Logan and Deadpool. Marvel wouldn't.

Marvel has already explained the difference in the comics. Fear of mutants comes from the fact that Marvel Universe people were scared of having their kids mutated.

Superheroes either became powered by choice or it happened to them in an accident.

A mutant can happen at birth without control. It's a fear of humanity getting replaced rather than having about 100-200 defenders globally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                I'm curious what Ari's take on this might be now.

Considering how odd it was for the Disney/Apple deal to fall through the cracks. This seems like asking for the moon.
                                This really came out of nowhere. I haven't heard a single word of a Fox/Disney merger until today. I really doubt it will ever happen, but who the hell knows?
                                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Working...
                                X