X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My only problems with remakes is when they either

A: don't bring anything new to the table

B: fuck it up by pandering too much to the original

Shit like the NOES remake that would have benefited from changing the central idea to make it fresh (he actually DIDN'T molest the kids and was burned) or the Halloween remake (which completely ruins everything about the character) are the worst types of remakes.

Friday the 13th remake brought some cool ideas to the table but then decided to play it too close to the original (with that stupid fake out ending) that ruins everything before it.

However, shit like Dawn of the Dead (which for what it is works really fucking well) was able to take the central idea but make it work better for the current time in which we live.

So really, it all depends on what he decides to do with this idea and how well it is executed. Until it's confirmed and we get a trailer I can't be mad because I love the original and I still can always watch it.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• For reals tho: can someone explain to me what the point of the nazi monster dream sequence is?
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• According to Landis, it's both a cheap scare to hold down the audience between David & Jack getting attacked to David's first transformation and an homage to a 60's French film that he loved where people kept waking up from dreams... within dreams... within more dreams. The title escapes me.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Landis isn't remaking it and he's getting called out by Universal to shut this shit down. Hence, him telling IO9 and others that it's bullshit.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• There is a beloved Universal movie that is picking up heavy steam for a remake. A remake that would piss off more people than American Werewolf.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Yeah jaws right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                Yeah jaws right?

That's a bingo. While Spielberg has very little say over a remake, I'm surprised that he's not pitching a shit fit over it.

Comment

• You mean Meg?

Comment

• See, I figured Universal would either wait for Spielberg's blessing or wait till he's dead.
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Why, though? Why remake Jaws, especially if it's readily available for anyone to see? I'd be more interested in a decent shark movie that was it's own beast rather than hobbling itself by retreading a film classic that was the forerunner of the modern summer blockbuster.

Jeez, I'll even give the Sharknado films all the props over a fucking Jaws redo. Goofy, sure, but the Sharknado franchise is something new and stands on its own merits.

I get that some remakes are good, have their own voices and can sometimes eclipse their predecessor. But the majority of 'em, in my opinion, suck. They bring nothing new, they'll never replace the originals, and are swiftly forgotten as a result. Studios pump so much money into them then act shocked when they don't deliver at the BO. That money could've been used for properties that have more potential and probably for a lot less than a remake would cost.

Comment

• So, who wants Split spoilers?

Comment

• What's Split?
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                            What's Split?
                            New M. Night Shyamalan movie. Professor X is a split personality.

Comment

• Ohhhhhh that one. YES PLZ
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                                Ohhhhhh that one. YES PLZ

Spoiler: Let's begin. 

Professor X has kidnapped a few girls. He's holding them in a dark cell somewhere. It's shithole Silence of the Lambs stuff with a four star bathroom. The girls he's keeping hostage realize that he's a split personality. Some of the personalities give them perks and treats, others attack them.

Meanwhile, Prof X/McAvoy/whatever has a seemingly gay personality that is trying to get caught. He sets up meetings with a shrink and tries to allude to what's going on. This is when we pick up that Prof X's 24 personalities are starting to emerge powers. Simple Carrie style shit. Moving stuff with mind, etc.

As the girls form a plan to escape, Prof X/McAvoy's powers begin to peak and shit goes down...that's when

SPOILERS

Bruce Willis shows up as his Unbreakable character. This shit is happening near where he lives and he gets talked into rescuing the girls. Beats the living fuck out of McAvoy, McAvoy goes away.

Split is the 10 Cloverfield Lane of Unbreakable.

Comment

Working...
                                X