RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boo-urns!
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I have no problem with this.

I like they're separating film canon from the comics. Gives me something new AND familiar.

Boo-urns? More like Fuck Yeah!
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Doesn't bother me either but Nerds gonna nerd the fuck out.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

•   Spoiler: WHAT I KNEW 

Hank Pym was always going to be the villain of Ant-Man

Spoiler: WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW 

Edgar Wright got Michael Douglas for the role.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Niiiiiiiiiiice.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Hmms.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Really curious how they're going to spin that first spoiler tag.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                  Really curious how they're going to spin that first spoiler tag.
                    Spoiler: Well..... 
                  It's the crux of Phase 2 and spills over into Phase 3.

The Marvel Cold War was much like our cold war. Everyone fucked with science and tech to inhuman levels. The only difference was that Iron Man, Captain America and Thor didn't magically appear in our worlds.

Basically, SHIELD has been working on and worked on some fucked up things. Plus, they've been using the Avengers to help a lot of it along.

Creator woes, man vs. machine, what is a human style shit.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• I'm really confused. I thought Hank was Ant-Man?
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Hank is the old Ant-Man. This means that Paul Rudd is the newer guy, Scott Lang.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• ah ok. I only know Hank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          ah ok. I only know Hank.
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

•   Spoiler: TINY SMACK A BITCH 

So, between the Marvel press release re-do, Variety and everyone in-between. Everyone is having a shit fit about whether Pym is the villain.

AFAIK, the best parallel would be Peter Coyote in ET. Not necessarily a bad guy, but he wants to stop the main hero by any means.

For our 70s comics fans, if you were a fan of Scott Lang's first appearance...by all accounts, you should love this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                Spoiler: Well..... 
                              It's the crux of Phase 2 and spills over into Phase 3.

The Marvel Cold War was much like our cold war. Everyone fucked with science and tech to inhuman levels. The only difference was that Iron Man, Captain America and Thor didn't magically appear in our worlds.

Basically, SHIELD has been working on and worked on some fucked up things. Plus, they've been using the Avengers to help a lot of it along.

Creator woes, man vs. machine, what is a human style shit.
                                Spoiler: so... 
                              the theory is that Hank is a villain because he played around with science outside of SHIELD-approved venues? Or maybe he was with SHIELD and didn't agree with their mission/Avengers Intiative and rebelled?

I guess I'm having a hard time reconciling Avengers member hero Hank Pym with Ant-Man movie villain Hank Pym.

Edit: we were posting at the same time. The Coyote comparison makes more sense to me even though I don't know Lang's origin story.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                                  Spoiler: so... 
                                the theory is that Hank is a villain because he played around with science outside of SHIELD-approved venues? Or maybe he was with SHIELD and didn't agree with their mission/Avengers Intiative and rebelled?

I guess I'm having a hard time reconciling Avengers member hero Hank Pym with Ant-Man movie villain Hank Pym.

Spoiler: We're through the looking glass, people 

At this point, we're dealing in speculation and leaks.

Henry Pym is SHIELD/former SHIELD. He's seen what's been going on with Stark, AIM and SHIELD.

Scott Lang is a burglar who happens upon Pym's shrinking particles and Ant-Man equipment. Lang has to make one last score to save his sickly daughter.

Pym fearing what a stolen super suit like that could do in the wrong hands, begins to employ any means necessary to get the equipment back.

Meanwhile, agents of Hydra, SHIELD and AIM are after Scott and the equipment. All the while, he's just trying to be just enough of a hero to save his kid.

Comment

Working...
                                X