No announcement yet.

RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would Arnold be dead to me? I could give a shit what he does in his private life.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• You might not care (and I don't either). But the reaction to that 60 Minutes interview was toxic and "Nanny-gate" is still fresh in people's minds.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• People are stupid.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
          You might not care (and I don't either). But the reaction to that 60 Minutes interview was toxic and "Nanny-gate" is still fresh in people's minds.

A studio that's not dumb can still navigate those waters. However, it will cause the budget to drop.

Still, a "King Conan" movie could work and provide a capper to his time on the series.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
            Give me Red Nails or God in the Bowl this time.
            This. So much this.

Arnold's Conan career pretty much ended with Red Sonja back in '85 (his character, Kalidor, was supposed to be Conan, but y'know... aliens). Revisiting the role after nigh on 30 years? Nah, not feeling it. Time to move on with a new take on the franchise. If you're feeling nostalgic, watch the first Conan flick, secure in the knowledge you're seeing Schwarzenegger in his prime and that King Conan is not going to be anywhere near as good as that film was.

Comment

• Unless Milius is there, I can't comprehend enjoying it nearly as much as the concept leads me to believe. It just needs a batshit insane director to elevate it, because as it is, it just seems like a setup for the worst sort of reunion tour since Van Halen (pick your own year).

Momoa was quite a good fit for the role. I blame the shoddy script and the direction more than him for what could have been a much more interesting reintroduction to the character.

At least I'll have Howard, Barry Win and the Dark Horse reworks to enjoy. Sometimes a movie just won't hit the right note (wishful thinking says otherwise, but that sort of optimism stretches thinner and thinner as the days go by).
              Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-26-2012, 08:56 PM.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I also liked Momoa as Conan.

The movie was ok. A bit bland, but it it had RACHEL NICHOLS to spice it up. somewhere inthere, the Avatar villain and Rose McGowan as cute as ever (hint: she never was).
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I just want John Milius to get a $100 million dollar budget.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• You would get a Commie-Chinks-invading-the-US movie all over again.

Not a 100 million buck geriatric Conan flick.
                    Last edited by Martin; 10-27-2012, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Or a Rome movie.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Well Rome was actually good AND not about one of Milius' paranoid wet dreams for once.

Comment

• Holy flurking shnitt! Disney bought Lucasfilm for $4bn and change AND announced a new Star Wars film within the next 3 years... Can't be worse than what Lucas himself has done with the property.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• KEEP LUCAS FAR, FAR AWAY!!!
                            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• I'm super excited. This is potentially awesome news.

Comment

• Speechless.
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X