No announcement yet.

RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presumably that's why it wasn't a lawyer getting in touch. Marvel can't really hurt Latino Review, but they still want to be able to fire the Marvel/Disney employee that leaked it, spoiling their fun and (potentially) violating company policy.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• What's this about Russell Crowe directing a Bill Hicks biopic? I'm glad he's too old to play him, cos as much as I love Crowe, I REALLY love Hicks, and he's not right for it.

But he clearly loves the guy too, so I'm ok with him taking a run at directing it. But who to cast? If this was 1996-2000, I'd say Paul Giammatti. He's got the hamster-y features (though I'd argue Hicks was better looking) and I reckon he could nail the voice. Alas, he's also too old now. AICN said JGL might be a good choice. I think he's a bit too chiselled, but I guess I can kinda see it. Still, I think there's a perfect choice out there, though I don't know who that is.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
        What's this about Russell Crowe directing a Bill Hicks biopic? I'm glad he's too old to play him, cos as much as I love Crowe, I REALLY love Hicks, and he's not right for it.

But he clearly loves the guy too, so I'm ok with him taking a run at directing it. But who to cast? If this was 1996-2000, I'd say Paul Giammatti. He's got the hamster-y features (though I'd argue Hicks was better looking) and I reckon he could nail the voice. Alas, he's also too old now. AICN said JGL might be a good choice. I think he's a bit too chiselled, but I guess I can kinda see it. Still, I think there's a perfect choice out there, though I don't know who that is.

I heard that it was being toyed around again. Crowe should step back and just serve as a producer. They need to pick up another director.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
          What's this about Russell Crowe directing a Bill Hicks biopic? I'm glad he's too old to play him, cos as much as I love Crowe, I REALLY love Hicks, and he's not right for it.

I'm way too invested to be objective, but I kind of dread a Hicks biopic. And Giamatti as Hicks? No way, waaaaaaaaaaay too ugly. JGL would need to add like...50lbs. Hicks looked like a young Crowe, big and kind of handsome, but not at all "in shape."
          Last edited by BillyG; 07-23-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• I'm with Billy. This would be a perfect role for someone to really get into (gain weight, grow hair out, etc), much like Carrey did with Kaufman or Depp did with Thompson.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The problem with this kind of biopic is the comedy. Nobody is going to nail it. I don't even want to see the stand up in the movie. Or cut the REAL footage into the movie, around the drama. I'd kill to see a Richard Pryor movie, but come on, the stand up portions would be BRUTAL. Just give me the life story.

Comment

• I still think Man on the Moon was a pretty great way to do it. Granted Andy had a lot more to work with as opposed to straight comedy routines.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Second the Man on the Moon love (Got into Kaufman through the biopic and that led to my Kaufman spec). Save for the awful obligatory audience reaction shots.
                  Originally posted by Ari
                  The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Very interesting on the biopic. Torn on how i feel about it.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Maybe Paul Dano as Hicks? He can act, he's a musician; throw a little weight on him and I can sort of see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                        Maybe Paul Dano as Hicks? He can act, he's a musician; throw a little weight on him and I can sort of see it.

Yeah, that would be alright.

Comment

• If he could pull it off, he could be an amazing choice.

Comment

• I'd buy H.W. as Hicks before that squirrely mother.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Nothing's weirder than Alan Rickman as Ronald Reagan at this point.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• hate Paul Dano. SO much.

Comment

Working...
                                X