No announcement yet.

RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, the Russo Brothers finally signed on for Captain America 2.

From "Community" and "You, Me and Dupree" to The First Avenger.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• And if Superman works, better bet the sequel will be here by July 2015. No more dicking around with the property.

Still wouldn't count out Bale coming back.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• The idea of a World's Finest movie seems more logical to me than a full blown JLA film to me. The characters really compliment each other nicely in the comics (well, at least prior to this New 52 stuff, which I haven't bothered with).

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
          And if Superman works, better bet the sequel will be here by July 2015. No more dicking around with the property.

They can't afford it. Whenever DC takes a breather, they get another lawsuit going. The problem is that the courts have ruled against most character IP deals that took place before 1978. Meaning that while Marvel has used Disney to go heads and tails above and beyond fucking over creators...creators at DC have WAY MORE LEEWAY.

As I was talking to Jamie about last night, DC is getting aggressive with doing shit with Supergirl. Why? Well, Otto Binder's estate will get most of the rights back by next year. So, if DC doesn't work something out, they effectively can't use Supergirl as she is known.

Elements like she can fly, the costume, Superman's cousin and Argo City would have to go.

Hell, Jim Shooter could possibly fuck up plans for the Legion of Super Heroes as early as 2019 if the current situation stands. This puts DC/WB in a race against time to get films started and legal teams ready to fuck over old men and women.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Almost forgot about the Superman lawsuit, and didn't know about the Supergirl one. Also, the potential for a Shooter/LOSH lawsuit... fuck, WB should just make a movie about all these lawsuits. It'd be so meta, and would make for a lot of teeth gnashing!

Comment

• The Shooter is going to be so interesting when it comes up, because he was legally a minor signing major IP agreements in the mid 1960s on properties. Plus, he grew up to be Jim Shooter.

If blood officially gets in the water, I don't see him backing down.

Comment

• Wondering if Snyder sticks around or if he heads out the door. Supes could do for his career what Transformers did to Bay.
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                  Wondering if Snyder sticks around or if he heads out the door. Supes could do for his career what Transformers did to Bay.

The Guardians of Ga'Hoole 2: ON THE MOVE can't happen without him.

Comment

• I love Jim Shooter.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Jackass 4 - Bad Grandpa eh? I'm all for another flick (love em) but I hope it's not just the grandpa/jonze stuff. Those are okay, but they are always my least favorite. I just want another flick.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                        Jackass 4 - Bad Grandpa eh? I'm all for another flick (love em) but I hope it's not just the grandpa/jonze stuff. Those are okay, but they are always my least favorite. I just want another flick.
                        Agreed - the grandpa stuff doesn't do much for me. If the whole film is based on that skit, I'd probably pass on it.

Comment

• WB giving more power to Nolan on DC films.

AKA: all that shit he did to get Superman going? They want him to do for everything else. Ehhh... don't do it, Chris!
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• This is why I don't care about the JLA flick.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I love you, man.
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I have yet to see Jackass 3...
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X