RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it really Black Panther?
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• WAT?
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Andy Samberg is playing Black Panther?

HOLLYWOOD FINALLY GETS IT.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• YESSSS
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
            Is it really Black Panther?
            I haven't seen anything official but I could deal with it with the right cast.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand WB flips the Justice League switch on (again!)

AKA: they don't know what they fuck they're doing without Nolan.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Hope it's better than Green Lantern turned out. Also hope they stick with the big 7 (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter), as I really, really don't want to see folks like Booster Gold or Vibe anywhere near this.

Comment

• Well, their stable of characters are even weirder and more godlike than even the Marvel dudes, so making them not boring as fuck will be difficult (unless they tap a nostalgia vein ala The New Frontier).

Unless their name is Batman, I don't see Joe the Plumber giving a shit about the league.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Joe might - most of the characters in the League your average audience member either grew up on (via cartoons, toys, etc.), or are so embedded in the cultural DNA they learned about them through osmosis. Shit, Batman's been crammed down kids throats nonstop since '89, plus we had a Superman cartoon series, leading to the Justice League shows.

The thought of a movie with all of 'em together will bring in folks, if only to see how a JLA film compares to The Avengers. I do agree, however, whatever they fight has to be so damn badass that it needs the entire League to defeat it. Only thing I can think of would be Darkseid and the crew from Apokolips, but that's going to draw an immediate comparison to Marvel's film which is something WB can't want at this point.

Comment

• Yeah, it is an almost herculean task to set up and sell a credible or interesting threat at this point.

They could always recycle the George Miller film script they threatened us with a few years ago.

Personally, I'd be fine if they didn't jump into such an awful idea, and instead cribbed from Marvel and gave us something from their more fringe characters (ala Blade). Give me a fucking Animal Man movie, is what I'm saying.
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-07-2012, 09:53 AM.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I give absolutely zero fucks about Justice League. Would take something special. Like AQUAMAN!

Comment

• They love the shit out of Batman Versus Superman script, like they had a hard-on for Flyby (and look at how much they're using it for Synder's reboot!)

That's the best course of action. A Supes/Bats team-up.
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            I give absolutely zero fucks about Justice League. Would take something special. Like AQUAMAN!
                            Played by Vince from Entourage.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• They won't go the nostalgia route because it would be brand confusion for the new Superman and any future plans for GL.

While they should pump up their fringe with the metric ton of scripts they commissioned over the last decade, they won't. DC is WB's bitch and they will only play it safe.

I fully expect to see the body of Miller's version used, but not much else. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the movie is complete aping of The Avengers.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• With Russ and Jaime. God like heroes are boring but a Supes/Bat team up could be great. I'd like that to be how they reboot Bats in a few years. That way they could bring back Two-Face/Joker/CLAYFACE

Comment

Working...
                                X