Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
      Spoiler: Marvel spoiler 
    Marvel continues using the Avengers Assemble comic as a spoiler for future movie plans.

As such, your Guardians of the Galaxy movie team will be:

Drax
    Star Lord
    Rocket Raccoon
    Gamora
    Bug
      Spoiler: Spoiler for Anderson's Spoiler! 
    I know a few of those folks, Star Lord especially, have some pretty involved backstories that'd be interesting to bring to film (I'd KILL to see a Star Lord flick based on the Byrne/Claremont comic a few years back). How they're going to tie all that into a team movie like this interests me.

Comment

• I don't know who those people are
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Go read the Annihilation books and you will understand why this is awesome.

Or go in completely unspoiled and see how you dig it. Ya know, for science.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• No way in hell will that flick do Avengers numbers, as cool a concept as it is. AND I DON'T WANT IT SET ON EARTH!

Comment

• If it is on Earth, I will set the building on fire.

The Earth building.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
              Go read the Annihilation books and you will understand why this is awesome.

Or go in completely unspoiled and see how you dig it. Ya know, for science.

Are these the specific trades I should read, and in what order?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ilation+marvel
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• There seems to be a few different trades there. Not sure where I should start.

Comment

• Well...just looking back at the timeline page the neckbeards on /co mapped out, I don't see why you couldn't just go book-to-book, starting with Annihilation 1-6 then jumping right into Annihilation: Conquest 1-6, and so on.

(As an FYI, it seems that in trade, the actual miniseries begins in book 3.)
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                    I don't know who those people are
                    Me neither. But if you boise are excited about it, that's good enough for me. Shit, I don't really know much about Thanos but a quick catch-up on wikipedia got me pretty pumped about that.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• James Badge Dale is apparently playing Marvel's version of Robocop in Iron Man 3. Good for him. He was very good in The Pacific and he's the sort of look and presence that belongs in these films.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                        James Badge Dale is apparently playing Marvel's version of Robocop in Iron Man 3. Good for him. He was very good in The Pacific and he's the sort of look and presence that belongs in these films.

I heard the name come up and I couldn't quite place how they were working him in. Unless they're pulling away more from the Pearce role and giving him the Extremis armor.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Figured it out. He's playing some version of Coldblood. Weird move on Black's part, but it fits with the overall story.

EDIT: Now, they're saying that he's not Coldblood. Just a test subject gone awry at Guy Pearce and Rebecca Hall's lab.
                          Last edited by Anderson; 05-16-2012, 12:26 PM.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                            James Badge Dale is apparently playing Marvel's version of Robocop in Iron Man 3. Good for him. He was very good in The Pacific and he's the sort of look and presence that belongs in these films.
                            I'll agree with that. The main actors in The Pacific were great. The series though, was pretty average. That's a shame.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Reynolds is in talks for the Highlander reboot.

Comment

• It's because Van Wilder's used a sword before, right?

Didn't know 28 Weeks Later dude was directing. That's intredasting.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X