No announcement yet.

RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely spot on. Had Olly Reed managed to convince Harlin to make the film he wanted to be in, it would have been Verhoeven-level goodness. As it is, ship explosion aside, there isn't even enough good stuff to fill a trailer.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Actually Frank Langella was pretty good in it. Everyone else was embarrassingly awful, especially Geena Davis. I like her a lot as an actress, but she tries so damned hard to suddenly become an action heroine that it just rings false. She was much better in THE LONG KISS GOODNIGHT which was try number 2 to make her an action heroine. I credit the fact that the script for that one was actually GOOD that it didn't embarrass her further. Still, both films proved that you can't force a square peg through a round hole...she just wasn't meant to be an action star.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• TV-ORIENTED

Colbert is about to do something big.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• OH GOOODIE GOOODIE, I <3 me some Colbert.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
            TV-ORIENTED

Colbert is about to do something big.
            Related to this?
            Stephen Colbert has suspended production of his satirical comedy show temporarily because of an emergency in Mr. Colbert’s family, according to people familiar with the show.
            The show is expected to resume production soon, perhaps as early as next week, the people added.
            Comedy Central, the Viacom Inc. network that airs the show, had stoked speculation about the fate of “The Colbert Report” when it issued a cryptic statement cancelling the tapings of the show scheduled for the remainder of this week.
            “Due to unforeseen circumstances, the show will air repeat episodes on Wednesday, February 15 and Thursday, February 16,” network spokesman Steve Albani said in an emailed statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
              Related to this?

That came through when I was at lunch. Way to deflate dreams, Phedg.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• I'm sure you all think this is a great idea.

Comment

• RAGEEEEEEE
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I AM LEGEND is two-thirds of a pretty good movie. Maybe the sequel will bring the missing third?

Comment

• Why can't someone just adapt the story as is? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Only if it means another recitation of a fucking Shrek movie's dialogue.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Buzz seems to be building that JOHN CARTER is actually pretty good. Amongst other things, there's a spoiler filled review over on latinoreview that makes it sound pretty great and more or less faithful to the original story.

God I hope this doesn't bomb.
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• It will, Matt... sorry...
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• ANECDOTAL STORY TIME: I have asked people here at work and friends about this flick. Non one knows what the fuck it's about nor do they want to see it. Most responses have been "You mean that movie with that guy from Friday Night Lights? haha"
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                                ANECDOTAL STORY TIME: I have asked people here at work and friends about this flick. Non one knows what the fuck it's about nor do they want to see it. Most responses have been "You mean that movie with that guy from Friday Night Lights? haha"

Here's the thing about it. Is it a strong adaptation? Yes. Does it glance over some of the more historically questionable aspects? To a point.

Is Disney throwing their nut down to make sure that nobody leaks anything early? Fuck yeah. Does Latino Review continue to get preferential treatment that used to only be reserved for Knowles? Of course.

Will it get cinema-raped by Hunger Games? Like Jodie Foster on a pinball table.

Comment

Working...
                                X