RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    I have never even heard of Nick of Time.
    You were asleep that weekend. Don't worry about it.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Nick of Time: Extreme Shoe Polishing Edition
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I wanna see Depp tackle something with Scorsese or Nolan or Fincher. The rest writes itself. I know opinion is divided on Public Enemies (my own included, frankly) but he was every bit the movie star in that film, giving a solid, real performance again.

Given the right material and the right director, he could easily exceed his Donnie Brasco work (in my opinion, his best to date).
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Haven't seen Public Enemies yet, so that's worth a viewing then?
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• 'Donnie Brasco' is the goods.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
              Haven't seen Public Enemies yet, so that's worth a viewing then?
              It's deeply flawed in the story department (in my opinion), but what works in it REALLY works. The acting is great (especially from the guy playing Baby Faced Nelson) and some of the action scenes are breathtaking. The big shootout in the woods is almost up there with the bank heist from 'Heat'. The elements don't add up to a great film, though. That's my opinion, anyways.

Comment

• I'll check it out, I've watched terrible movies so one with some flaws that does some things great isn't a waste imo.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Public Enemies is definitely worth seeing. The issues there were not any of the actors. Mann, love him as I do, went the totally wrong approach filming it.

Comment

Public Enemies is definitely worth seeing. The issues there were not any of the actors. Mann, love him as I do, went the totally wrong approach filming it.
                    They had Sony HDC-F950's back in the 30's didn't they?

Comment

• Matt pretty much summed it up - there are great bits that don't add up to greatness, which is made all the sadder given the raw material the story is based on and the talent involved in getting it made.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Public Enemies is definitely worth seeing. The issues there were not any of the actors. Mann, love him as I do, went the totally wrong approach filming it.
                        His boner for digital photography killed it. Absolutely drained every single potential interesting moment of its fucking potential.

Does he just hate film that much?

As you can probably tell, I did not care for PE.
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-12-2011, 04:02 PM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• For as much as I've been pooping on Depp, he gives a great movie-star performance in Public Enemies and Billy Crudup is aces as J. Edgar Hoover.
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows Trailer Has "More of the Same" Feeling
                            Originally posted by Ari
                            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I did find Sherlock Holmes to be underwhelming... not bad, but waaaaaaay overhyped.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I'll be the contrarian and see MI4 over this.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X