RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
    You like what you like, I like what I like.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Kinda surprised by all the indifference/distaste regarding The Hobbit. I wouldn't say I'm chomping at the bit for them, but I'm certainly more than curious to see the end result. There's too much talent involved (and great material to work with) to feel otherwise.

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
      Not sure why a movie not even 10 years old needs a remake BUT Affleck directing more is something I want to see. Act less, direct more.
      Or "act more, direct more; at the same time, preferably."
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        I've had the EEs of the LOTR films for what...5 years now on DVD. I've yet to watch them. I started FotR EE and never finished it.

My main thing is that you can count on the films being shown 2-3 times per year, generally as a Friday/Saturday/Sunday marathon, and I usually end up watching a half hour here and there whenever they're on. That give me my hobbit fix.
        I have 'em too, and watch 'em in a marathon at least once a year. Otherwise, I'll catch a few minutes here and there if any of the films are playing on TV.

As for the Hobbit flicks, I'll check 'em out, I'm sure. Might even buy the EE editions (and you just KNOW there will be EE) when they become available, just to be a completist.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
          Fuck Hobbits. I watched 9 &1/2 hours of fucking Hobbits marching into mordor, I've seen enough.
          this. Fellowship Extended is great, the rest are a slog.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Two Towers is BORING AS FUCK.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I'm sorry but the plots kinda suck. Never cared about any of the characters.
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I loved 'em, but they exist better in my memory than as a yearly viewing experience.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                  I'm sorry but the plots kinda suck. Never cared about any of the characters.
                  Tolkien was a world builder not a novelist. People have shared your complaint since first printing, Nathan.

Comment

• My main issue with the books? Tolkien would use 5 words when 1 would suffice quite nicely. There's descriptive and then there's DESCRIPTIVE. I totally prefer the movies over the books.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• The Hobbit reads MUCH better than LOTR.

Comment

• I still have my animated Hobbit book. Only way I've ever read it. MUST HAVE PICHURES

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          The Hobbit reads MUCH better than LOTR.
                          agreed 100%. It's very lightweight compared to LOTR.

Comment

• Not exactly couch-jumping or flexing like an alpha for a return to Hobbiton.

I hope Jackson has removed his still-giant head from his newly-thin ass for this project though. His last few have been so far off the mark that I'm hoping a return to the well might help him find the confidence to put something good together.

But then again, Lucas took a trip to that well too, and he's returned as a corpulent avarice-infused nightmare.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Always found Tolkien to be quite the detailed rambler in his writing.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                                Always found Tolkien to be quite the detailed rambler in his writing.
                                I'm pretty sure that THAT'S WHAT I SAID ABOVE DAMMIT.

Comment

Working...
                                X