No announcement yet.

RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, PJ's lack of enthusiasm before is what really worries me. Maybe he got the fire back.

Comment

• I do not care about this project. Total apathy.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• The LOTR trilogy felt like the product of a man (or a team) that had passion and a real artistic vision. All of the news surrounding the new films makes it sound like a business decision...a cash grab. If the quality is there, then great.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• If I have trouble sleeping I already have the LOTR trilogy.
          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            The LOTR trilogy felt like the product of a man (or a team) that had passion and a real artistic vision. All of the news surrounding the new films makes it sound like a business decision...a cash grab. If the quality is there, then great.
            This.

Which is why I was excited about the prospects of del Toro and Raimi directing. Fresh blood with a different perspective having seen the LOTR trilogy as outsiders and coming into the fold.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Also from a business standpoint, I'm not so certain Hobbit is at the "printing money" stage as many think. Internationally? Yes. But domestically it's been over ten years since Fellowship dropped and tastes, fads, etc. change. Wonder if they waited way too late to get it going (granted there was the MGM money-woes issues holding things back). But assuming Star Trek 2 drops next Christmas, plus Superman, I wouldn't be betting money Hobbit - Part I would be the #1 grosser of that money in the US.

But maybe I'm being a dumbass and don't know what I'm talking about. Not the first time. Or last.
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Oh, it'll be HUGE, make no mistake about it. Also, they'll market the shit out of it, so awareness will be very, very high.

This is a retirement score.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Fuck Hobbits. I watched 9 &1/2 hours of fucking Hobbits marching into mordor, I've seen enough.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• any word on how FotR did the other night in theaters?

ONE NIGHT ONLY EXTENDED EDITION OF A FILM THAT YOU'VE SEEN 30 TIMES ALREADY.

yeah, no.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                      Fuck Hobbits. I watched 9 &1/2 hours of fucking Hobbits marching into mordor, I've seen enough.
                      Is...that...you Kevin Smith? If you are, shut the fuck up and keep smoking your weed.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

any word on how FotR did the other night in theaters?

ONE NIGHT ONLY EXTENDED EDITION OF A FILM THAT YOU'VE SEEN 30 TIMES ALREADY.

yeah, no.

Did Fathom or NCM back it? I might be able to find out if they did. Otherwise, no.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I've had the EEs of the LOTR films for what...5 years now on DVD. I've yet to watch them. I started FotR EE and never finished it.

My main thing is that you can count on the films being shown 2-3 times per year, generally as a Friday/Saturday/Sunday marathon, and I usually end up watching a half hour here and there whenever they're on. That give me my hobbit fix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                            Did Fathom or NCM back it? I might be able to find out if they did. Otherwise, no.
                            Pretty sure it was Fathom.

Comment

Pretty sure it was Fathom.

I might be able to find out today. Realistically, it'll be Monday.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                                Is...that...you Kevin Smith? If you are, shut the fuck up and keep smoking your weed.
                                You like what you like, I like what I like.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X