No announcement yet.

RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith needs a smarmy bad guy role, one where he kills kittens.....for fun.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
      He could do a lot more.

Look at Cruise.

Say what you will about all his crazy bullshit, but the dude shakes his ass every night for the customer.

Smith is in one or two modes: stoic herpaderp or AWHERPADERPNAW. He never developed a range and instead got rich. Good for him and all, but at some point a risk that doesn't involve hackneyed life lessons involving suicide by jellyfish wouldn't hurt.

Smith needs a Frank TJ Mackey role. Unfortunately, he seems to not give a flying fuck, which simultaneously pisses me off because I'm pretty sure he could pull something brilliant off if he had the fucking balls.
      This. Smith pulled 2, maybe 3 great performances, but his main body of work is being Will Smith. Unlike A-listers like Depp, DiCaprio, or Cruise. Sometimes the Smith mode will work, like Bad Boys, but usually it helps drag a movie down (see: I Robot, I am Legend)
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• If you separate I am Legend from the source material (which I know is against nerd rule #21) I didn't mind that movie so much. I robot makes me want to drop kick kittens however.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• My wife doesn't know the source material, and still hated that movie. The ending + Smith killed it right there. Add the source material and it's even worse.

Comment

• I'm totally the opposite on those films - I think if you look at iBot separate from Asimov, its a helluva good action sci-fi film, with Proyas doing some really interesting stuff visually.

I Am Legend is an excellent setup followed by the filmic equivalent of AIDS. Even separate from the source material, the creature effects are hideous and neither of the endings filmed work AT ALL. Smith is rather good in it though.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Sorry, but I really dug 'I, Robot'. I'm in complete agreement with Ben on everything.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              Originally posted by Martin
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Smith should have his shit slapped for that Shrek scene.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I Robot was an "ok" movie, but remove Smith and replace him with someone decent and it gets so much better.

I am Legend is pure garbage.

Comment

• I am Legend has a shit ending but to say it's pure garbage is a stretch I think. I robot stinks of Willeniumahhellnaw'ism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      I Robot was an "ok" movie, but remove Smith and replace him with someone decent and it gets so much better.
                      Truism.
                      Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                      I am Legend has a shit ending but to say it's pure garbage is a stretch I think.
                      Alsotruism.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I just wish someone would do an adaptation of that true to the source material. The creatures showing up nightly to torture Neville verbally is just too fucked up to not use yet somehow Hollywood felt the need to make them RAWWWRI"MAMONSTER monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                          I am Legend has a shit ending but to say it's pure garbage is a stretch I think. I robot stinks of Willeniumahhellnaw'ism.
                          I rewatched it a week ago. Whatever moment of tension, and there's some good ones, are lost in average acting and poor script issues. Some may like it more, but it's a dead fish for me.

Comment

• Agreed on average acting and script issues but it's better than "pure garbage" is all I'm saying.

Comment

• Those terrible FX drop it from below average to shit, personally.

Comment

• Yeah I don't care for the creatures at all in it. Terribly done, totally agreed.

Comment

Working...
                                X