RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    I have general apathy towards it. I want to be excited but...just not there. I saw it on the Drafthouse website, asked Brittany if she wanted to go, and we decided it wasn't worth going out for. Which, I know, is nuts. This movie should be right in my wheelhouse.
    Yeah, I feel pretty much the same way. I think that my main issue with it is that the marketing campaign for it reminds me too much of 'The Goonies', a film which I absolutely loathe.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• See, it keeps reminding me on E.T., which I loathe.

Comment

• 'E.T'. doesn't bother me as much for the simple fact that the kids aren't SCREAMING LOUD SCREAM SCREAM HEY GUYS LOUD SHRILL like they are in 'The Goonies', but yeah...I'm not keen on films that feature nothing but kid actors doing 'their thing'. The only ones that come to mind that I've liked are 'The Sandlot' and 'Stand By Me'.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Agreed, I don't like Goonies for much of the same reason, but I just see more ET in Super 8. Hopefully we are both wrong.

Comment

• fucking wut.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
              Yeah, I feel pretty much the same way. I think that my main issue with it is that the marketing campaign for it reminds me too much of 'The Goonies', a film which I absolutely loathe.

So wrong on the Goonies comparisons. So amazingly wrong, but I'll go into detail after more have seen it.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I've never hid my dislike of either. I think Goonies is a huge over rated piece of shit. ET I just don't like at all. Never connected with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                  So wrong on the Goonies comparisons. So amazingly wrong, but I'll go into detail after more have seen it.
                  Thrilled to hear that. It'll still be a rental, though.

Comment

• Wow. I'm honestly shocked that people here aren't digging on 'Super 8'.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                      Wow. I'm honestly shocked that people here aren't digging on 'Super 8'.
                      I can't help it if I'm prejudiced against 'films with kids in the lead roles' movies. If the WOM is awesome and I can talk my wife into seeing it, then yeah...I may go and see it.

Comment

• I don't know what the fuck it is, but it looks like vintage Spielbergo.

And I loves me some vintage Spielbergo.

There are plenty of kid lead role movies that are great Matt. Stand By Me, The Gate, E. Fucking T., Iron Giant, Home Alone, Explorers, etc. etc.

HEY EVERYONE, MATT HATES KIDS
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-07-2011, 12:54 PM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Wait...do I hear Goonies trash-talking?
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                            Wait...do I hear Goonies trash-talking?
                            You most certainly do. Read my signature, if you like.

eta: you've already commented in that thread, so yeah...this shouldn't be a revelation to you.
                            Last edited by Matt; 06-07-2011, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• I never saw the Goonies, but I do know I hate screaming children and mongoloids not named Jason.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                                I don't know what the fuck it is, but it looks like vintage Spielbergo.

And I loves me some vintage Spielbergo.

There are plenty of kid lead role movies that are great Matt. Stand By Me, The Gate, E. Fucking T., Iron Giant, Home Alone, Explorers, etc. etc.

HEY EVERYONE, MATT HATES KIDS

ALL OF THIS. EVERY LAST BIT.

Comment

Working...
                                X