RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hustle and Flow is pretty great.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      WATCH THE SHIELD PEOPLE NOW. And also, Anderson is great in Hustle and Flow (totally unappreciated film).
      Originally posted by PotGuy666 View Post
      Just stick with the SHITTY first season. It becomes fucking amazing after that.
      Agreed. First season is mostly balls but you need it to keep up with details later in the show. And Hustle and Flow should be seen by all as well.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I tried to watch S1 of 'The Shield' and dropped it, unimpressed. I'll give it another shot if what you say about the quality improvement is true.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Alright. Thing is, I only have so much time to watch TV. I'll give The Shield a shot.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            I tried to watch S1 of 'The Shield' and dropped it, unimpressed. I'll give it another shot if what you say about the quality improvement is true.
            It improves in leaps and bounds throughout the series. Peaking with probably one of the best moments in television ever. When Vic......... Those that know will agree.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Alright. Thing is, I only have so much time to watch TV. I'll give The Shield a shot.
            You should but just know you'll have to slog through season one. It's necessary for later.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• A'aight. Shitty like Supernatural season 1?

Which wasn't THAT shitty BTW.

Comment

• Eh, yeah, kind of like that. It's not the worst thing ever but not near as great as what follows.

Comment

• Know how Sons of Anarchy jumps in quality from S1 to S2? The jump in quality from The Shield S1 to S2 is about tenfold.

Comment

• Don't watch Sons of Anarchy...

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Don't watch Sons of Anarchy...
                      WHAT THE FUCK MARTEEN?!?! No wonder you think US tv sucks, you don't watch any of the shows made here that are worth a fuck.

Comment

• I KNOW WHAT IT IS, I HEARD IT'S GOOD, BUT I HAVE LIFE BESIDE TELEVISION.

And you completely missed the point I made. It's not that US TV shows suck per se, it'S the the business model in the US makes it hard for a lot of TV shows not to suck, as it's crushes creativity by either prolonging a successful TV show to the point it's worthless (The Simpsons, House) or cancelling them because of ratings, be it after 4 seasons or 4 episodes (Deadwood, Firefly).

There's a shitload of great US shows, but for exemple, I have no intention of EVER finishing Deadwood, or Carnivale (or starting a new FOX show as it will probably be cancelled) as the story ain't complete as per the creator's/writer's vision. It's a shame, really.

Is it clearer?

Comment

• I haven't watched it either, Martin.

other 'great' shows that I haven't seen AT ALL yet:
                          'Battlestar Galactica'
                          'Breaking Bad'
                          'Sons of Anarchy'
                          'The Shield'

other 'great' shows that I haven't seen EVERY FUCKING EPISODE of yet:
                          'Rome'
                          'Carnivale'
                          'Deadwood'
                          'The Sopranos'

And yet I'm still alive and kicking with nary a scratch.
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post

And yet I'm still alive and kicking with nary a scratch.
                            For now...but one day...ONE DAY

EDIT: I made it through the first episode of BSG (90 minutes) and I just...well I took to going walking instead of riding my bike. That's not a good sign.

Comment

• I doubt Breaking Bad will be cancelled.

I think it's fantastic that we got an ending to Rome, even if the 2nd season was rushed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                I KNOW WHAT IT IS, I HEARD IT'S GOOD, BUT I HAVE LIFE BESIDE TELEVISION.

And you completely missed the point I made. It's not that US TV shows suck per se, it'S the the business model in the US makes it hard for a lot of TV shows not to suck, as it's crushes creativity by either prolonging a successful TV show to the point it's worthless (The Simpsons, House) or cancelling them because of ratings, be it after 4 seasons or 4 episodes (Deadwood, Firefly).

There's a shitload of great US shows, but for exemple, I have no intention of EVER finishing Deadwood, or Carnivale (or starting a new FOX show as it will probably be cancelled) as the story ain't complete as per the creator's/writer's vision. It's a shame, really.

Is it clearer?
                                Oh I got your point. I just think it's silly to harp on something you, me, nor anybody else can change. MY POINT is that there a ton of great shows out there in the US market despite the model so obviously it's not just the model crushing creativity or prolonging shows. Sometimes the creative minds had no intention or idea how to end a show to begin with.

Bottom line, TV business model ain't changing anytime soon so like you've heard here before......

Comment

Working...
                                X