• Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
      My personal opinion on the PotA films:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
      Eye to eye amigo.

Comment

• I'll agree on the zzzzzzzzz factor regarding 2, 3, and 5...the pacing could definitely have been tightened up on those 3. 1 and 4 are masterpieces, though.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I just never cared about the monkey movies, except the 1st one. I'd rather watch Rollerball or The Omega Man instead of the chimps back then.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• 'Rollerball' (original version) is one of my favorite films, so you won't get any guff from me.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I've never seen the original Apes movies, just the rolling of a turd downhill that was the Burton one.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                Just watch the first Planet of the Apes flicks, and you're good.
                That's what I was thinking.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                  I've never seen the original Apes movies, just the rolling of a turd downhill that was the Burton one.
                  Ouch. And Jamie and Rob are right, just the 1st movie is enough. I'Ve tried some others, and it's a snoozefest mingled with monkey sex. Creepy.

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                    I've never seen the original Apes movies, just the rolling of a turd downhill that was the Burton one.
                    Rod Serling was one of the writers on the first one. Hopefully THAT will seal the deal and get you to finally watch it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Moistington III View Post
                      That's what I was thinking.
                      Ehhh. My dumbfuckness strikes again. I meant to say Just stick with the first four Planet of the Apes flicks. My bad.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Yeah man, in that case just bring a good pillow.

Comment

• The sequels are insane. Personally, I say that in a good way. Battle of the Planet of the Apes was where it got A) boring and B) in-your-face with its cheapness.

Incredible by standard blockbuster franchise mentality that the budgets got tighter with each sequel as they became more successful.
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I remember the 4th and 5th film looking and feeling very cheap. The story in the 4th one is good enough to transcend the production values, but the 5th one...no. It's simply got too much padding for a feature length film.

Comment

• It's just not all that appealing to me.

I recall being so fucking angar over the tediousness and downright horribleness of the Burton installment that it makes up a large part of my casual avoidance of the property to this day.

Having said that, I'll give it a go sometime in the near future because I am not a little bitch like Squeak.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Also, the sequels started getting more and more geared to kids. Like Jamie said, the first four films are great (you could stop after the first one, but the sequels are kind of fun to watch), but when you hit the last one, it's almost a cartoon.

Re: the Burton flick - try not to let that color the previous films for you. Those flicks were great for their time, and like the James Bond films were a pretty good franchise when they got going.

Show y'all how old I am, I remember the commercials for the last two Apes flicks, and those suckers were presented like the be-all end-all of films, including scenes that didn't make it into the final flicks.
                                Last edited by Timothy225; 04-11-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X