RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
    Yeah, Limitless puts a notch on Cooper's belt. Especially after a "sure thing" like A-Team (sadly) under-performed.

Well, WB is looking at him. Reynolds didn't throw his name out because he felt like it. It's because WB is using him to test the waters.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Considering how Hangover exploded like it did during the time they were conducting screen-tests, I was shocked that Cooper didn't get Green Lantern. Then again, they allowed for Cavill to get Superman, and that was even more surprising.

I could see him as Barry Allen.
      Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 04-07-2011, 03:21 PM.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Did not know there was a remake of 'Fright Night' with Colin Farrell as Jerry Dandridge.

I might have to spock that one out...

Comment

• Fichtner in Elysium? YES

And him in a leading role in a comedy? FUCK YEAH.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Ben Affleck as Tom Buchanan in The Great Gatsby? FUCK. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
              Did not know there was a remake of 'Fright Night' with Colin Farrell as Jerry Dandridge.

I might have to spock that one out...
              Fucking McLovin as Evil Ed....
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The successor to the thrown of Eddie Deezen.
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I rather like the current rumor of Ben Stiller starring in a remake of 'The Secret Life of Walter Mitty'. I'm not the biggest fan of his, but he's absolutely aces when he's cast in the right role....I think this is one of those roles.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• God I'm so tired of Stiller and his shtick. Even a piece of genius like Tropic Thunder hasn't held up well.
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                      God I'm so tired of Stiller and his shtick. Even a piece of genius like Tropic Thunder hasn't held up well.
                      I got really tired of all of the 'Let's watch Ben Stiller suffer' movies that were churned out. For some reason, I can honestly see him making Walter Mitty work.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Stiller only ever transcended his shortcomings once and truly embraced a character ONCE.

It was in Heavyweights.

He has been milking this ever since. And whenever he pulls that arrogant prick attitude out of the bag, he usually carries himself quite well.

His nebbish punching bag character has only worked once. And that was in There's Something About Mary.

I don't hate the guy or anything, but he's going to have to dig deep and find something fucking new to do.
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 04-08-2011, 01:24 PM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                          Stiller only ever transcended his shortcomings once and truly embraced a character ONCE.

It was in Heavyweights.
                          I thought that he was great in 'Dodgeball', and I know that many people here loved his work in 'Zoolander' (which I haven't seen yet).

I think that the main problem is that 'There's Something About Mary' defined almost all of his parts for a decade.
                          'Meet the Parents'
                          'Meet the Fockers'
                          'Little Fockers'
                          'Along Came Polly'
                          'The Heartbreak Kid'
                          'Night at the Museum'
                          'Night at the Museum 2'

Even 'Dodgeball' dips a toe into that well of sameness to a certain degree, but at least he's playing a character that:
                          a. isn't the lead
                          b. doesn't have a ton of screentime.

If he's allowed to actually play a character and not just riff on the same old schtick, I could see 'Walter Mitty' being great.

Comment

• great and Dodgeball don't compute
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                              great and Dodgeball don't compute
                              Eh...maybe 'great' is an overstatement. I had really low expectations on the film and ended up digging it a LOT more than I thought that I would.

Comment

• I'll give you that...

...and Michel Gondry seems like a good fit for that story imo.
                                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                                X