Knight and Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knight and Day

God help me, this film looks like it could be quite a bit of fun. I love the trailers, and they seem to have always provoked a positive reaction from the audiences that I've been with. Could it be a hit? We'll see.

It looked like they were doing nationwide sneak previews of this last Saturday night. I was wanting to go, but we ended up getting back into town too late. Did anyone catch this?
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Netflix for me. Not a fan of Diaz. however, Cruise looks like he's having fun and I like it.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

It could be good, but it feels like it should have been made 10 to 15 years ago.

Cameron Diaz has a weird joker smile.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

There are 3 reviews (all positive) on RT at the moment...I like the fact that one of them favorably compares it to 'Charade'.

And yeah, not a big fan of Diaz either, but apparently she's pretty good in this flick. She CAN deliver when given the right script, and apparently this one plays to her strengths.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

It's tempting... it looks like so much action movie schlock, but I do like Cruise. He always gives good entertainment, no matter how weird his personal life is. I love the part in the commercial where he's moving his hand up and down to show Cameron Diaz her chances of survival with him or without him.
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

From what I read, it sounds like it's quite funny. Most of the humor comes from the fact that he's always polite and completely unflappable, even in the midst of exceedingly crazy situations. He plays it straight and doesn't TRY and be funny, so it all works.

It isn't a MUST SEE in the theater for me, but it's definitely something that's on my radar, especially if the reviews continue to be good for it.

Troy, have you seen this yet?

Comment

I might check it out, it does look fun. Cruise, although a complete nut job, usually delivers the goods.
              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

It's probably good fluff. And in this summer of suck, it's better than nothing.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

For all the shit Tom gets, he still consistently brings it.

Every fucking time.

Yes, he's crazy... but he rocks it. I'll still wait for the BD though.

Comment

I think in a summer where there are maybe 4 films worth seeing, I can't afford to not see this. It looks like fun, I like Diaz given the right material, I like Cruise in nearly everything for the last 15 years and James Mangold sure is a reliable helmer, who manages to elevate otherwise mediocre material.

The only black mark this film gets at this point is that horrible, horrible title.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

agreed on the shitty title. I guess that it was originally called 'Wichita'...decide for yourself if that's an improvement or not.

Comment

Originally posted by V View Post
                        For all the shit Tom gets, he still consistently brings it.

Every fucking time.

Yes, he's crazy... but he rocks it. I'll still wait for the BD though.
                        Same here. I'd punch him if I could, but he's good onscreen, Scientology or not. That movie looks fun.

I had 2 movie I'll see for sure this summer, Inception and Pilgrim, but the A-team and this might slip too.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Inception, Toy Story 3, Scott Pilgrim, The A-Team and The Expendables are all theatricals for me.

And this. And yeah, I liked Wichita as titles go, but I can see why a studio would want to change it.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

I hate Diaz, but I'm aching to see this. I love Tommy despite the nutso.

Comment

Seein' it despite the fact Les Grossman still exists.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                              X