Sex and the City 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex and the City 2

I might be seeing this tomorrow because I love my wife. Expect annoyance and/or frustration from me as Carrie once again surely spurns the correct choice, Aidan, for Mr. Big. In the meantime, enjoy this.

Yaay! I can't wait to see it!
    "Uh, whose car is that out front?"
    "Mine. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. The car I've always wanted and now I have it. I rule!"

"Can you feel the love?....Nub Nub...."

Recipient of: The Best Post of the Day Award!: 2

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
      as Carrie once again surely spurns the correct choice, Aidan, for Mr. Big.
      Shut your damn whore mouth, whore!

Spoiler: And.... 
      She only shares one measly kiss with that overgrown surf-punk before realizing she does love Big and wants to make it work. Because Big's the one, as I correctly keep telling you people.

I'm supposed to see it Friday with a co-worker, apparently the only other person within a 100 mile radius besides me who wants to see it. It's taking some pretty hard hits in the reviews, which I don't doubt - it sounds like it sucks wind. But I'm still going for two reasons:

1. I won a coupon for a free ticket, so she and I will split the cost of the one ticket we have to pay for, and both get to go half price.

2. You have to take SATC for what it is - this is the key to either enjoying it, or at least not letting it bug you. You can't go getting worked up that it's not good. Of course it's not good - the series was good, the first movie was meh, the second movie apparently sucks. It's pure cotton candy fluff for the beginning of summer. The people who have really high expectations for a movie like this are the scary people who think that women in NY really live like that. Once you keep in mind it's nothing but fantasy without an ounce of reality in it, it's far less aggravating.

"Gawd, 'The Wizard of Oz' really sucked and really pissed me off, because everyone KNOWS lions can't dance and sing!"

2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Ebert wins.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

What does Siskel think?

I can't ask him, since I have no Ouija board.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Siskel
            Anyone who says Sex in the City 2 is just enjoyable fantasy is DEAD wrong!!
            This is what my Ouija said.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
              This is what my Ouija said.
              Oh, Siskel Schmiskel! He doesn't know - that's just the embalming fluid talking!
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

Okay, so this was released on disc this week. We watched it last night and...we both preferred it to the first movie. It is by no means "good", though. It's over-long AGAIN (but I wasn't checking my watch every 20 minutes) and the dialogue is AWFUL. Seriously, I think the entire thing was ad libbed because it's all "<character> says something <character trait>". Like, Samantha always says something slutty and Charlotte always says something about the sanctity of marriage. The wedding that opens the movie is the gayest thing I've ever seen. And I've been tricked by Rob into seeing meatspin.

List of things that are too horrific to be viewed in high def:
                that eye torture scene from HOSTEL
                Sarah Jessica Parker

Comment

You know, I never did wind up seeing this. I'll have to catch it on Movies On Demand.

Comment

Oh, they also threw the guys a bone (heh) and gave Alice Eve a role whose main purpose is to wander around braless and/or in a wet t-shirt. Well, she's also the catalyst for Charlotte's crisis but, yeah, bajoobies.

Comment

If I had to sit through any film with SJP aka 'Mrs. Ed' ("HOOOOORSESHIT, Matthew!") to see bajoobies, I'd commit seppuku with a soup ladle...

Comment

I tried to watch a couple of episodes of the show, and just couldn't develop any interest, blouse mice or no, and this despite my love for all things Catrall. Haven't seen either of the films - no desire to. Nope, this franchise is like Twilight - not meant for me, but more power to those who are into it. Enjoy, mazel tov, live and be well, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                          <character><character trait=""> The wedding that opens the movie is the gayest thing I've ever seen. And I've been tricked by Rob into seeing meatspin.
                          Haha. Awesome. So much awesome.

</character></character>
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                          X