Iron Man 2: Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bentley View Post
    Seriously. How else is Thor gonna work? Honest question here. Someone who is awesome fill me in what Thor is like now. Last I remember he was a GOD. So yeah, that's kinda boring in a thematic sense.

Thor has been brought back my humanity needing him. To ground the Asgardians more into humanity's realm, he left Asgard hovering three feet above an empty plateau in Oklahoma.

He tries to deal with how Loki has always tried to undermine him, but he also has to deal with family issues. Mainly, his father dying and his grandfather trying to rip him into pieces. When shit goes wrong, superstition arises in the Asgardians and they blame current trouble on him.

The leaked script (it leaked like a motherfucker three weeks ago), really surprised that the bearded one didn't try to get another site to read it for him. But, it's almost like City of Angels with Superheroes.

Thor really wants to be with Jane, but she can't come close to understanding what he is. The supposed Lord of the Rings style shit that people think will be all over the movie is only in the first twenty minutes. Most of that shit is exposition, if the script is anything to go by.

Villains are Loki and the Destroyer.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• hmmms.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Well, the way they handle Thor in the Ultimates would make for a great way to do the movie version. Thor is never 100% convinced he's a thunder god, and neither is anyone else on the team. At one point, they imprison him because they figure he's a crazy over-overpowered lunatic. If they go the old-school way where the guy who randomly finds the hammer BECOMES Thor (or was always Thor to begin with but didn't really know until finding the hammer), that could be dumb.

Donald Blake isn't in the movie. Thor just kind of arrives one day.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Originally posted by Commandant Lassard View Post
          Thor has been brought back my humanity needing him. To ground the Asgardians more into humanity's realm, he left Asgard hovering three feet above an empty plateau in Oklahoma.

He tries to deal with how Loki has always tried to undermine him, but he also has to deal with family issues. Mainly, his father dying and his grandfather trying to rip him into pieces. When shit goes wrong, superstition arises in the Asgardians and they blame current trouble on him.

The leaked script (it leaked like a motherfucker three weeks ago), really surprised that the bearded one didn't try to get another site to read it for him. But, it's almost like City of Angels with Superheroes.

Thor really wants to be with Jane, but she can't come close to understanding what he is. The supposed Lord of the Rings style shit that people think will be all over the movie is only in the first twenty minutes. Most of that shit is exposition, if the script is anything to go by.

Villains are Loki and the Destroyer.
          hahhahahaah!! People who get angry about false gods are going to LOVE this! Thor = Jesus. Brilliant!
          <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Yeah but Ang Lee was going for feel bad for me, I'm a monster, hunchback, I'm a gentle giant, let's go pick daisys, kinda girl. When in fact the Hulk is a testosterone driven, wild, angry, explosive, roid rage'n, smash everything in my path, kinda guy. Ang Lee did the exact opposite of what the Hulk is and his movie tanked for it. The real Hulk movie did well because it was true to the character. That and a better cast IMO.

I think Thor could be done right. It's going to be hard to pull off! I personally cannot imagine how this origin pic will work out.

Comment

• Destroyer Armor?

OH SHI...
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Troy, did you LIKE the script?
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Clint View Post
                  Troy, did you LIKE the script?

It's hit and miss. It makes a little more sense in connection with the end of Iron Man 2. SHIELD kind of just appears in the script. Same goes for a lot of stuff regarding it.

Comment

• Sorry to play 20 questions with ya, Troy...but one final thing: Does it seem to be an ENTERTAINING script?
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• As long as the movie does not end up as "Mary Shelley's Thor", then I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

I love me some Brannagh, but he's hurt me before.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                        As long as the movie does not end up as "Mary Shelley's Thor", then I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

I love me some Brannagh, but he's hurt me before.
                        Hoping for Henry V with a Hammer myself.

Yes, I am that delusional.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post

Seconded on both points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post

That's pretty fucking delusional. Right now, it lifts the plot structure of Iron Man 1 with a touch of City of Angels for the chicks. There's a lot of shit that happens to happen, but it'll look cool onscreen.

Comment

• Once they cut to black and the thunder rumbled, nerdgasms were had and all decency and sense of control ceased their function.

Thor will be awesome, Goo Goo Dolls be damned.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I liked Iron Man 2. It made me smile.

I liked orange hands. He made me smile.

I liked Scarlett's boobs. They made me smile.

I did not like secret element hidden in playset. That made me wince.
                                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Working...
                                X