Iron Man 2: Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russ View Post
    I'd have cut out the scenes with extreme close-ups of Rourke's clubbed fingernails.

I kept thinking "can we get this man some fucking gloves already?"
    THANK YOU! I kept thinking the same thing.

We just got back from the theater. I agree with the comment about it being a shade below the original, but not as bad as I was expecting given all the "it's gonna suck" I've been hearing. The first thing I asked Nathan? "Is it possible for Scarlett Johansson not to show her tits in a movie?" I get that y'all think she's hot and she has big tits, but is it necessary to see them in every movie she ever does? She could be in a remake of Mary Poppins and end up showing her boobies.
      Spoiler: In case you couldn't tell 
    She irritates the shit out of me.

ETA: Sam Rockwell was pretty awesome. He weirds me out but he still rules.
    Last edited by Ingrid; 05-08-2010, 06:00 PM.
    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by ingrid View Post
      THANK YOU! I kept thinking the same thing.

We just got back from the theater. I agree with the comment about it being a shade below the original, but not as bad as I was expecting given all the "it's gonna suck" I've been hearing. The first thing I asked Nathan? "Is it possible for Scarlett Johansson not to show her tits in a movie?" I get that y'all think she's hot and she has big tits, but is it necessary to see them in every movie she ever does? She could be in a remake of Mary Poppins and end up showing her boobies.

ETA: Sam Rockwell was pretty awesome. He weirds me out but he still rules.
      Wait........she showed her tits? I must have missed that scene.
      Also...
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

"Is it possible for Scarlett Johansson not to show her tits in a movie?" I get that y'all think she's hot and she has big tits, but is it necessary to see them in every movie she ever does? She could be in a remake of Mary Poppins and end up showing her boobies.
        Sadly, it seems as though the whole "getting in shape for a superhero movie" thing has taken her assets and liquidated them, to the horror of the entire known universe.

That was much more disturbing to notice than Rourke's handicap.

It feels like the end of an era...
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Agreed... which is why 'Match Point' irritates the fuck out of me. Were I the hero, I'd be fucking six shades of shit out of Emily Mortimer... daily, even.

Enough said!

Comment

as to what I'd edit:

1. Black Widow: In truth, ScarJo could be edited out entirely without any great loss to the story. She's eye candy (and looks AWESOME) but that's it. She has a couple of 'talky' scenes and one action scene...an action scene that could have been handled entirely by Hogan and/or some cops. That's a couple of minutes worth of screentime right there.

2. The Monaco scene in the bar (pre-race) was unnecessary. He should have been going to Monaco expressly to drive in the race (which would ALSO solve the plot of hole of HOW Whiplash knew that he was going to be driving). That's a couple of minutes of screentime GONE as well.

3. Improve the pacing on the Nick Fury/Donut Shop scene.

Still really enjoyed the film, though.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            Originally posted by Martin
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Fun. But far from perfect. Wonder if Favreau was rushed.
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

And the post credits thing is a big whatever. No shock there.
                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Really liked it. Some odd plot decisions (the whole Monaco thing was odd and made no sense) but damn enjoyable.

Comment

Sorry guys...

Think I'll wait for the blu-ray. I'm not much of a theatre goer any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Kowalski View Post
                      as to what I'd edit:

1. Black Widow: In truth, ScarJo could be edited out entirely without any great loss to the story. She's eye candy (and looks AWESOME) but that's it. She has a couple of 'talky' scenes and one action scene...an action scene that could have been handled entirely by Hogan and/or some cops. That's a couple of minutes worth of screentime right there.

2. The Monaco scene in the bar (pre-race) was unnecessary. He should have been going to Monaco expressly to drive in the race (which would ALSO solve the plot of hole of HOW Whiplash knew that he was going to be driving). That's a couple of minutes of screentime GONE as well.

3. Improve the pacing on the Nick Fury/Donut Shop scene.

Still really enjoyed the film, though.
                      Agree for the most part on those little bits of trimming.

But I think the Widow will have a bigger part in the overall Avengers picture, so it seems like a necessary unnecessary addition.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by V View Post
                        Sorry guys...

Think I'll wait for the blu-ray. I'm not much of a theatre goer any more.
                        As much as I enjoyed it I must say waiting for blu-ray probably isn't the worst decision you'll ever make. HOLY SHIT were the mouth breathers out for this thing.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Why the hell was the "you complete me" bit cut?

Comment

This movie = tits
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                              And the post credits thing is a big whatever. No shock there.
                              I thought it was super neat.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley Dave Matthews Band Nirvana Purdy Hughes II Jr. View Post
                                I thought it was super neat.
                                  Spoiler: This guy 
                                M. Joel Near
                                appears at the end of Iron Man II!*

*Because I'm sure that even 48 hours after its premiere, someone will bitch about spoilers!

Comment

Working...
                                X