Shitty Films You've Seen in Theaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
    But Murder at 1600 features Alan Alda getting shot, that's at least something.
    Ed. You're perilously close to FAIL territory here.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

But Murder at 1600 features Alan Alda getting shot, that's at least something.
      Not that I knew that - I was asleep!
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
        Ed. You're perilously close to FAIL territory here.
        I was making a goddamn joke!

But who at somepoint didn't want Hawkeye to enjoy the hot sweet kiss of lead?
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Get your knickers untwisted. One is never quite sure of the depth of your failhood.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
            Vin's avatar is going to send me into a psychotic rage.
            +

Originally posted by V View Post
            YAY!
            +

Vin's new avatar

=

WAFFLES.
            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Lesley loves Beaches.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Damnit. FAIL.

Comment

Vin's gonna have buckwheats.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                    Yah, but I can barely get into the 3D. When I saw the 25 minute clip at SDCC, it didn't notice the extra dimensions AT ALL. I should not be bombarded with gimmicks to enjoy the film. The writing/dialogue/plot and cinematography are the only things I'm concerned about.
                    Dude, shut the fuck up.

You watch shit just like the rest of us. Yet you seem to hold a weird grudge against this movie.

So you were all about the writing/plot/cinematography for Machine Girl?
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Machine Girl was beyond ridiculous. That's why it works. Because it's set in a comic book world.

Comment

And while yes, I enjoy watching shitty movies (UWE BOLL IS MY FUCKING HERO AND GOD), I still think Avatar was overated. Throughout the fucking film, I was wondering why Ribisi's character had to tell Weaver's character why they were FUCKING THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Comment

Speaking of Hawkeye, did you know Jeremy Renner is gay?

Comment

Vin's gonna have buckwheats.
                            No buckwheats... thank you!

Fixed, ok?

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                              And while yes, I enjoy watching shitty movies (UWE BOLL IS MY FUCKING HERO AND GOD), I still think Avatar was overated. Throughout the fucking film, I was wondering why Ribisi's character had to tell Weaver's character why they were FUCKING THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
                              Point taken, but you seem to shit on it every chance you get. And you do fail pretty hard for not seeing in 3d. Gimmick or not, that's the way the director wanted the film to be seen.

Comment

I didn't hate 'Something's Gotta Give' to the degree that Lisa hated it, but yeah...I want that time and money back.
                                See, in addition to the many millions of flaws in that movie that not even Frances McDormand could fix (as one of the only two characters you didn't want to strangle - oddly enough, Keanu Reeves being the other one), my rant comes from a middle aged woman's point of view. We've all heard the double standard that if a man is 60 years old in a movie, he of course gets the 25 year old girlfriend and no one blinks. But let a woman try it, and there's a big dust up. Such is the case with "SGG", but even worse.

Here's my issue - Diane Keaton plays this smart, beautiful, talented woman, who happens to be approximately 53 in this movie. Keanu Reeves is this hot, sweet, sexy and - most important - kind and mature young doctor who is totally in love with her. And she with him, for the most part. BUT... she'd had a fling with fat, gross, obnoxious, sexist gas-bag Jack Nicholson and his man-tits, and is in actuality pining for his droopy ass. This is a guy who treats her like dirt, he treats her like a doormat, while Keanu Reeves is ready to pull the sun from the sky to make her happy. Now, I assume, idiot Nancy Meyers and The Powers That Be can't let a 53 year old woman hook up with a 39 year old man, ooooh nooo! Nope - so they end the movie by having Diane Keaton dump Keanu Reeves in favor of Jack Nicholson! DUMPS HIM - IN PARIS, on the night he's going to propose to her! Message to women everywhere? "Who cares if he treats you like shit, as long as he's age appropriate." Get the hell away from that younger guy who treats you like a princess - that's just icky! I hate that movie - hate it, hate it more than any other movie I've ever seen.

The other irony is that the ONLY funny line in the movie belongs to Keanu.
                                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Working...
                                X