X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jobe View Post
    Cloverfield is a shitty movie.

Interspersed with moments of win...

like when the stupid douchecock camera idjit gets eaten?

That was AWESOME!

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Superman Returns, while pretty slow, is still better than shit like Alien Ressurection.
      And this is true, too. See, my real beef with Superman Returns was that boring Brandon whats-his-face kid who played him. Superman is not 12. Superman does not have the personality of a sheet of drywall. Superman is Christopher Reeve in my book, and always will be. Margot Kidder was way, way better than Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane, but then again, Kidder brought a much less "helpless" perspective to the character - which, as a woman, was refreshing to see. Really, the only character I liked better this time around? Kevin Spacey - I really liked his take on Lex Luthor better than Gene Hackman's. Go figure. Now, I know this post turns it into more of a "contrast and compare" sort of thing, but for my money, you can't beat the Christopher Reeve Superman.
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Clvoerfield was okay. Vin said it best: some great moments in there.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
          And this is true, too. See, my real beef with Superman Returns was that boring Brandon whats-his-face kid who played him. Superman is not 12..
          See, Brandon Routh is good actor. Just wait until you see Scott Pilgrim. I like him. Reeves wasn't a great actor, you know.

Superman's problem was Singer's daddy issues.

Comment

• I'd rather watch Alien Resurrection anyday of the week over Superman returns. I dug on Spacey as well, but the movie is just so fucking boring. And brings absolutely nothing new to the table. And Kate Bosthworth fucking sucks.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
              Wing Commander.
              Winner. But we saw it because of Episode One, really.

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                And this is true, too. See, my real beef with Superman Returns was that boring Brandon whats-his-face kid who played him. Superman is not 12. Superman does not have the personality of a sheet of drywall. Superman is Christopher Reeve in my book, and always will be. Margot Kidder was way, way better than Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane, but then again, Kidder brought a much less "helpless" perspective to the character - which, as a woman, was refreshing to see. Really, the only character I liked better this time around? Kevin Spacey - I really liked his take on Lex Luthor better than Gene Hackman's. Go figure. Now, I know this post turns it into more of a "contrast and compare" sort of thing, but for my money, you can't beat the Christopher Reeve Superman.

There were no "whoa" moments in the movie...

Like in the original when Supes finds Lois dead in the car, and he shakes for a few seconds... screams, then goes fucking thermal! When I saw that, I was like "Holy fuck! Right now, he could kill the whole fucking world!"

You hardly see moments like that anymore...

Comment

Winner. But we saw it because of Episode One, really.
                  ??

I remember getting tickets for Meet Joe Black to see the trailer for episode 1. And then seeing this:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7BzIsQW32_E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7BzIsQW32_E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

See, Brandon Routh is good actor. Just wait until you see Scott Pilgrim. I like him. Reeves wasn't a great actor, you know.
                    But you're also talking about a four year (I think) difference - the guy didn't have the chops back back then to pull off a character like Superman. He might be very good as Scott Pilgrim, but he wasn't a strong enough actor (to me) for a role like Supes.

And really, I do agree that Reeve wasn't the greatest actor, but there are some actors who, even though they're mediocre in other roles, may be perfect in just one - and Superman was Reeve's perfect role, despite him not busting out the acting chops in his other films.

Originally posted by V View Post
                    Like in the original when Supes finds Lois dead in the car, and he shakes for a few seconds... screams, then goes fucking thermal! When I saw that, I was like "Holy fuck! Right now, he could kill the whole fucking world!"

You hardly see moments like that anymore...
                    Yeah, that's a perfect example. He was very sweet, very self-depricating, but then we also got to see that side of him when he went nuts.
                    Last edited by Lisa; 03-18-2010, 07:38 AM.
                    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Reeve, quite simply, was created/born/bred to play SUPERMAN. Kudos to Donner and company for realizing that this virtual unknown was perfect for the role.

And kudos to Reeve for being such an exemplary paraplegic. He did more for paralyzed people than anyone else in history, and he did it with grace and a perfect attitude. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the man.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jobe View Post
                        ??

I remember getting tickets for Meet Joe Black to see the trailer for episode 1. And then seeing this:

<OBJECT width=480 height=385>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7BzIsQW32_E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></OBJECT>
                        </P>
                        Meet Joe Bitch was for the official trailer. Wing Commander had the first TEASER!

Man, what a nightmare that was...

Comment

• I remember trying to watch 'Wing Commander' on Sci Fi a few years ago. I think that I turned it off after 5 minutes. I've never regretted that decision.
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            I remember trying to watch 'Wing Commander' on Sci Fi a few years ago. I think that I turned it off after 5 minutes. I've never regretted that decision.
                            I'm telling you guys...

Tcheky Karyo and Jurgen Prochnow!

You can't lose!

Fuck, you people could give an aspirin a headache!

Comment

• Routh is great in Chuck.

And you're right Martin. Some of the movies I listed might not be considered as "shitty" as a whole but I wouldn't even considered them as a disappointment. Just movies with shitty elements. There you go.

And while I did not hate all of Superman Returns (not even that it was just another Luthor tries to makes more money plot), I was livid when they introduced the notion that Supes had a child.
                              Last edited by nerdious dorkus; 03-18-2010, 08:17 AM.
                              The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• That movie was ass. I'd rather watch House of the Dead and that has Jurgen as well. And was far more entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                                X