Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Nolan's Superman

Does anyone really care?

All they need to do is have Superman punch shit. Preferably robots. GIANT ROBOTS.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

I would really like to see a good Superman Movie...if anyone can oversee a decent production, Nolan would be the guy.
    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Oh and Michael Bay. And explosions. And product placement. That'll definitely make for an awesome mov...
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
        Oh and Michael Bay. And explosions. And product placement. That'll definitely make for an awesome mov...

Honestly, I would fucking kill for a Bay Superman movie.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I find Superman incredibly boring. His entire origin, personality, just so bland. I would welcome a Bay Superman as well. Give us the Bad Boys 2 freeway shootout but with Superman chasing while flying in and out of traffic and throwing abandoned cars at enemy helicopters, etc and I would probably eat that shit up. Nolan producing probably helps the film a bit.

Comment

EXACTLY.

Comment

Yeah, I like that...maybe the Wachowski Brothers too, if they could do it like Speed Racer I'd be on board.
              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Superman as a cross dresser? Sold.

EDIT: Cast as Superman/Clark Kent - Lady Gaga.

Comment

This does make sense. The guy has been able to re-allign one superhero franchise. Give him the other one to turn around.
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

I JUST WANT SUPERMAN PUNCHING BIGGER AND BIGGER THINGS. With no mopey bullshit. I'd actually like a "Speed Racer" type flick. Just overthetop with color and action.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      I find Superman incredibly boring. His entire origin, personality, just so bland.
                      The reason why a Superman movie just won't work. Even the original was lacking. Plus the character is just too super-powered.

*insert DC characters suck anyway rant*
                      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The only time the character has really been nothing short of incredible was...waitforit...in the All-Star book. It was more a meditation on just how fucking amazing such a fictitious being is and was in modern culture. Making him face increasingly dangerous odds and making the resultant triumph something EARNED should be key (which it was not in Singer's travesty), and ratcheting the tension up can easily be done if the writers know the character and what can put the Fear into him.

While he is a mostly seen for his strength, his intelligence and ethical code are the foundation from which any decision towarding punching or throwing or punching and throwing would be derived.

That said, assuming this is accurate, it's from an outsider's (a Brit) perspective that the project would take shape, and separated (thankfully) from blowing Donner again. Nolan, for all of the quibbling one could make about contrivances in his superhero projects, was key in legitimizing a once ridiculed and reviled film franchise. DEJAFUCKINGVU.

I want this, and the Big Blue Boyscout needs this.
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-09-2010, 01:25 PM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

We do need a new, great, Superman film. No dead beat dad, no Luthor real-estate crap, just a fun, exciting film with a villain who can actually give Superman a real fight.

Seriously, get Bloomkamp to fucking direct it.
                          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                            I JUST WANT SUPERMAN PUNCHING BIGGER AND BIGGER THINGS..

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                              I JUST WANT SUPERMAN PUNCHING BIGGER AND BIGGER THINGS.
                              Watch the animated series.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                              X