This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    Troy: have you seen 'Kung Fu Panda 2' and 'The Hangover Part II'? Can you comment on their quality?

I'm seeing good reviews on KFP2 and really middling reviews for HII.

I haven't seen KFP2. I had a chance, but I was fucking tired and didn't feel like dealing with a series of near tornadic activity.

Hangover Part II has moments of sheer greatness, but then hits the retread wall a few too many times.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Brother in law and I are going to Hangover Part II tonight (As always, I went ahead and got tickets ahead). Interesting to see how many people show up and their reaction(s)
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
        Along with 'Electric Hackmans', this may be the best band name EVER!
        I am flattered beyond words. Thank you, sir.

Flying Langellas should open for us, no question.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I was planning on seeing Hangover II until the bad reviews flooded in.

Instead, that money will go to booze.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Weeeeeeeeeeeeeell, I went ahead and bought tickets for yesterday evening's Hangover Part II screening. Read: I hate lines...especially with the heat down here. Interestingly however, I get a phone call from buddy of mine working at theater (the managers are also friends of mine) telling me the film never showed up. They had to turn away a lot of pissed off people apparently.

The film finally showed up around 8:00 PM last night. So I'm going this evening instead. Since I bought two tickets (for my brother in law and myself) they'll honor em for tonight...and I'll go ahead and use the spare ticket for X-Men: First Class next week.
            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AhDTQhFu5kA" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>

I take it Robert Rodriguez ain't leaving director jail anytime soon...
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Or Robert Rodriguez is going "man, I like money. I think I'll make another Spy Kids so I can get some more money."

Comment

• Hey, if it makes him enough money so he can give us another Machete or Predators flick, more power to him.

Comment

• Who are we talking about here though? That money will go into yet another attempt to start up Barbarella for fuck-buddy Rose McGowan
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I thought they moved on to Red Sonja. Hell, I thought they split up not that long ago, too. I can't keep my gossip straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                        <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AhDTQhFu5kA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="560"></iframe>

I take it Robert Rodriguez ain't leaving director jail anytime soon...
                        You know, people give him too much shit for these flicks. He makes movies he wants to make and does these for his kids. Yeah it sucks that we're not getting his version of 'Deadpool' or whatever, but good on him.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                          You know, people give him too much shit for these flicks. He makes movies he wants to make and does these for his kids. Yeah it sucks that we're not getting his version of 'Deadpool' or whatever, but good on him.

He's not doing Spy Kids 4 for his kids. Not at all. It's a kids' movie, but this is all about the money and getting deeper into Alba's panties.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• I was more talking about the other ones, but point taken. Still, dude does what he wants to. Can't fault him for that.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I was more talking about the other ones, but point taken. Still, dude does what he wants to. Can't fault him for that.

He gets to do what he wants as long as the Weinsteins keep their head above water.

King's Speech helped, but their percentage on that flick was amazingly low. No other studio is going to give Rodriguez the ability to do what he wants. Something he learned with FOX, when they stiffed him on the home video returns on Machete and Predators.

Comment

Frankly, I'm befuddled as to what Rodriguez should do. Was never high on Deadpool, Barberella, Red Sonja and I feel like he already fished the "70s horror/exploitation homage down to the shitty reels" lake dry with Planet Terror. Thought Predators (serving as a producer and developing the story before handing it off to another director) was a step in the right direction.
                                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                                X